OP
@vespasfw3 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 2023 Honda Trail 125.

Ossessionato
@vespasfw3 avatar
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 2004 Vespa ET4, 2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 2023 Honda Trail 125.
UTC quote
I was out yesterday morning and ran into some fog crossing one of the nearby ridges. Difficult to see very far and the visor clouding with moisture quickly requiring continual wiping and lifting of the visor.

As I stood along the road trying to gauge how fast the cars were still moving in the fog I was struck by how wonderful it felt to be outside. And I was reminded that from now until the bite of winter is my favorite time of year to ride in central Pennsylvania.

Favorite temperature range -- 50F to 65F.
Favorite weather -- cloudy, murky, foggy. (for photographic reasons)

I know quite a few riders who start preparing to put their motorcycles away for the season when the temperature drops below 70F but man, for me, it feels like I am riding with air-conditioning!

I went out again this morning on the BMW K75C. Same good feeling.

Riding season has arrived!
2006 Vespa GTS 250ie along PA 26 south of Pine Grove Mills.
2006 Vespa GTS 250ie along PA 26 south of Pine Grove Mills.
A stop near the Mid-State Trail on my 1992 BMW K75C motorcycle.
A stop near the Mid-State Trail on my 1992 BMW K75C motorcycle.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 57,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 57,000km
UTC quote
I love the Vespa in the middle of the tire burnouts, rather suggestive
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
October starts my riding season in SoCal and lasts to spring. Otherwise it's too friggin hot.
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
UTC quote
Beautiful pictures. Yeah it is a good time to ride now, but I will say this you don't want to live in Brooklyn these days. The traffic is horrible, the roads are at their worst and there are too many damn road closures for a variety of reasons.
Riding isn't fun in the city, but where you are, being able to see the beauty in nature is wonderful.
Thanks for sharing those pics mate.
Have you posted any new videos of your rides.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Yes ... I like it from mid-September but paying attention to the cows that are in the middle of the road in the occasional puffs of fog in the morning ...
I like going to the coastal road and smelling the salty smell of the sea and the resin-smelling tamarisk trees, I like the lack of crowds of vacationers who haunt the beaches during the most holiday season and everything returns to sink into a ghostly stillness.
Sometimes in the distance I see a small light, the ... in the middle of the Hell Swamp, an area where occasionally methane vapors ignite and give the surrounding area a moorland look and I expect the Hound of the Baskerville or ... VESPAswf3 with his Vespa!
@johnymoore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line

Molto Verboso
@johnymoore avatar
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line
UTC quote
September is a great month in the UK. Just when you think summer is over you get days like today with a high of 23c.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
johnymoore wrote:
September is a great month in the UK. Just when you think summer is over you get days like today with a high of 23c.
Today 30° C.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@rolledoats avatar
UTC

2021 GTS 300 Super Sport

@rolledoats avatar
2021 GTS 300 Super Sport
UTC quote
baba12 wrote:
Beautiful pictures. Yeah it is a good time to ride now, but I will say this you don't want to live in Brooklyn these days. The traffic is horrible, the roads are at their worst and there are too many damn road closures for a variety of reasons.
Riding isn't fun in the city, but where you are, being able to see the beauty in nature is wonderful.
Thanks for sharing those pics mate.
Have you posted any new videos of your rides.
I'm also in Brooklyn and totally agree. Tried going for a ride today, but the traffic was an absolute disaster — Harley riders out en masse with each one trying to out-rev, out-chrome, and out-stereotype the other; dirt bike gangs careening every which way up and down the street while revving like crazy; and all the usual psychopath drivers trying to run you off the road. Add to that the 90 degree heat, and it was truly miserable.

Very jealous of where you get to ride, VESPAsfw3. Hope you have a great time out there!
UTC

Hooked
'08 Vespa LX80, '07 LX50

Hooked
'08 Vespa LX80, '07 LX50
UTC quote
Super Awesome first picture OP! I miss the fog, we never get it here.
@sledge avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300 HPE

Ossessionato
@sledge avatar
GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Any day that ends with a 'y'.
@maggiegirl avatar
UTC

Addicted
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150

Addicted
@maggiegirl avatar
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
Central Illinois here and my absolute best rides are those early mornings and heading down south on the river roads, I see few vehicles and usually not a single motorcycle until I am way down south and getting close to St. Louis, they miss the best part of the mornings.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0223s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0019s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]