UTC

2009 GTS red

@artybarbie avatar
2009 GTS red
UTC quote
These can be found on Facebook:
Mighty Scooters of Ohio - Cleveland
Scooter Squad (mainly Eastside Riders)

We are thrilled to have these groups and they continue to grow!
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
Great to hear. Once we finally get settled ( most likely next year) I'd love to join up for some rides. Got to have a bunch of maintenance done on the scoots too. Do the folks know about this forum?

Bob
@chrisfromcle avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Primavera 150, 2019 Honda Super Cub 125, 2017 Honda Metropolitan, 1965 Honda Super Cub 50 CA102

Hooked
@chrisfromcle avatar
2019 Primavera 150, 2019 Honda Super Cub 125, 2017 Honda Metropolitan, 1965 Honda Super Cub 50 CA102
UTC quote
artybarbie wrote:
These can be found on Facebook:
Mighty Scooters of Ohio - Cleveland
Scooter Squad (mainly Eastside Riders)

We are thrilled to have these groups and they continue to grow!
Please tell them about MV (believe it or not, there are still some of us who are not on Facebook…). I was starting to feel that I have the only Vespa in NEO - I have only seen one in the wild over the last two years.

Chris from CLE
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
Could you please post some info about the repair shop that appears to be in the works? I'd love to get my BV to Phil but it's quite a distance for me. I'm also not a Facebook person so I can't ask there. Pm if necessary.

Bob
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
They seem to be active…maybe next year.
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 GTV250ie - Sienna Ivory, BMW F650CS, HD 883 Sportster

Molto Verboso
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC quote
Hi Barb,
Long-time since ScootCleveland!? Have not seen you or your cool yellow scoot around the Valley; though, occasionally I have seen a sienna ivory GTV around Daisy Hill, and a portofino green GTV come/go from Lowe's Greenhouse on 306. I am still in touch with IrishTim – the original.

Good to hear there is interest for rides and exploring on scoots to the east. Are the rides during the week or weekend?

Put me into the category of not on Facebook.

I will gladly help you plan a ride in Geauga, if there is interest. Stop at a dairy farm, where cows sleep on water beds; a small paw paw grove (when in season); Hell's Hollow; the Rookery; or, the back dirt or gravel roads of Geauga (compared to westsiders going to Holmes). Go see the remnants of Geauga Lake and on way/return visit an organic farm with bulls on one side of the road, heifers on the other side of the road, providing organic raised beef/vegetables/honey since the 1990's to NE Ohio at farmer's markets.

Best,
"Pippi"

P/S I just noticed in your profile, you now have a red GTS … what happened to the yellow wonder? Scooter emoticon
P/P/S Bulls have gotten loose on occasion Wha? emoticon - local LEO help in corralling them when that happens. Wha? emoticon Only out here in Geauga! Clap emoticon
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
Hi Barb,
Long-time since ScootCleveland!? Have not seen you or your cool yellow scoot around the Valley; though, occasionally I have seen a sienna ivory GTV around Daisy Hill, and a portofino green GTV come/go from Lowe's Greenhouse on 306. I am still in touch with IrishTim – the original.

Good to hear there is interest for rides and exploring on scoots to the east. Are the rides during the week or weekend?

Put me into the category of not on Facebook.

I will gladly help you plan a ride in Geauga, if there is interest. Stop at a dairy farm, where cows sleep on water beds; a small paw paw grove (when in season); Hell's Hollow; the Rookery; or, the back dirt or gravel roads of Geauga (compared to westsiders going to Holmes). Go see the remnants of Geauga Lake and on way/return visit an organic farm with bulls on one side of the road, heifers on the other side of the road, providing organic raised beef/vegetables/honey since the 1990's to NE Ohio at farmer's markets.

Best,
"Pippi"

P/S I just noticed in your profile, you now have a red GTS … what happened to the yellow wonder? Scooter emoticon
P/P/S Bulls have gotten loose on occasion Wha? emoticon - local LEO help in corralling them when that happens. Wha? emoticon Only out here in Geauga! Clap emoticon
I used to ride up to Burton a few times a year and just explore the area. My wife and I used to scooter to the Red Maple Inn once a year. Loved that place. There are some beautiful back roads to enjoy there and on the way to that area. I have to get some maintenance done asap. Both scoots need tires and brakes. This year just got away from me...'

Bbob
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@big_boys_mother avatar
UTC quote
BVBob wrote:
I used to ride up to Burton a few times a year and just explore the area. My wife and I used to scooter to the Red Maple Inn once a year. Loved that place. There are some beautiful back roads to enjoy there and on the way to that area. I have to get some maintenance done asap. Both scoots need tires and brakes. This year just got away from me...'

Bbob
Hate to tell you this ... seriously ... Red Maple Inn closed last year (2020) and is now an overnight treatment facility. The longtime food purveyor, Trifles Catering (Bainbridge) has one less customer, as well.
@bvbob avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@bvbob avatar
UTC quote
Big_Boys_Mother wrote:
Hate to tell you this ... seriously ... Red Maple Inn closed last year (2020) and is now an overnight treatment facility. The longtime food purveyor, Trifles Catering (Bainbridge) has one less customer, as well.
I heard. We were thinking of making the trek earlier this summer when we found out. Sad for sure! One time we were there and the owner was having breakfast when we were. He came over and sat with us when we were done to talk. Extremely nice guy. Asked what we liked about the Inn, etc. He said he stayed there once or twice a year. He was meeting a friend from Florida to go golfing. He really got a kick out of our scooters and that we made the trip up on them. The wine "hour" each evening was a big perk.

Bob
⬆️    About 3 months elapsed    ⬇️
@bonedoggie avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2007 GTS 250ie

Enthusiast
@bonedoggie avatar
2007 GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Not from Cleveland, but have enjoyed my visits. Also, the Cleveland Moto podcast and the Unkie Phil Youtube video channel are excellent. Not specific to MV, but they do cover them in addition to all motorcycle and scooter issues. Very very fun to listen to. Oh, they also have a shop in Cleveland where they sell and service Vespas.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0150s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0073s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]