@goob avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio Liberty 150 AKA Gio

Hooked
@goob avatar
UTC quote
So, I just got my Liberty 150. I am trying out some storage options that I already have (from the motorcycles I sold).

These are an Oxford F1 tail pack, expands to 35 Liters. Two Molle bags, attached to the tail pack on either side. And, a Scan backpack for the floorboard/hook, which expands...intended to hold a hardhat, but good in general.

The left Molle holds gloves, U-lock, Disc lock, and stock tool kit. The right Molle holds my two 591 ml MSR fuel bottles and a funnel (which may come in handy for the regular filling too)...could hold one 1.5 L fuel bottle and the funnel.

The Oxford pack will hold my laptop and lunch plus some. If I don't have the laptop it will fit a very large bag of groceries or a 12 pack.

The Scan pack will hold either the laptop & lunch plus some or groceries or 12 pack.

https://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycle/brands/oxford/luggage/f1_luggage/f1_tail_pack_large_35l/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKXTYP3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124129357208?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Ddb6883ea1a8842cf9520724585f60e77%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D124129357208%26itm%3D124129357208%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Abf814c20-26e9-11ec-af3e-cea4435ed028%7Cparentrq%3A5770f23417c0a7b30b59d222fff634f3%7Ciid%3A1
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red Devil SH150i (10,000)

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
Red Devil SH150i (10,000)
UTC quote
One of the con's of my SH is the bag hook is too low. If I have a grocery plastic bag, I have to tie 2 knots in the handle or there's too much slop. Nice deck bag. One day I'll find one that works.
OP
@goob avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@goob avatar
UTC quote
breaknwind wrote:
One of the con's of my SH is the bag hook is too low. If I have a grocery plastic bag, I have to tie 2 knots in the handle or there's too much slop. Nice deck bag. One day I'll find one that works.
This one works pretty well on the Liberty...just the right location for the handle to clip in. Not a bad price, even with shipping.

There are others that are the same, that are cheaper, that have mesh in the expansion part. I wanted solid. This is basically made for the construction trade.

It has an interior pocket for a phone or device and a "hole" for ear buds to exit (that black spot to the left of the handle). I don't use that, but a nice feature.

I put my sun glasses in one side pocket and the garage door opener in the other.
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
I don't like the look of a topbox, big and hanging off the back. I toyed with mounting a topbox to the pillion seat, but never figured it out.

Your bags look good, they aren't the big looking.
OP
@goob avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@goob avatar
UTC quote
Syd wrote:
I don't like the look of a topbox, big and hanging off the back. I toyed with mounting a topbox to the pillion seat, but never figured it out.

Your bags look good, they aren't the big looking.
That is my thing...the hard topbox just seems too big. My set-up can be trimmed down quickly by removing the Molle bags It is just 4 clips.

I am going to see if I really need them, as I really am not using the under seat storage at this point. Under the seat may be a good place to put my fleece and riding pants in the afternoon on the way home. I usually just need those for the cold mornings.

I use the under seat "hanger" for my helmet, so a hard topbox is not of use for security. The soft bag is 17 liters collapsed and at 35 liters expanded holds as much stuff as a hard topbox.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
Those bags aren't obstructing your tail/brake lights, are they?
OP
@goob avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@goob avatar
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Those bags aren't obstructing your tail/brake lights, are they?
No and Yes. The Molle bags sort of put them in a tunnel out the back and leave about 1/2 of the wrap around visible. I added a shot from the side that shows how much of the taillight is visible.

I am going to check it out this morning in the dark to see if this is too much. If it is, then I'll take them off and just keep the Oxford pack. Or, maybe just use one, mounted on the saddle side.

Right now this whole set-up is attached to the stock tail. I do have plans to add a 12x12 platform that will probably raise the whole thing up about an inch or so, which might expose more to the side.

I do have a couple of battery powered lights that I used on my motorcycle on each Nelson-Rigg pannier. These can be solid or flash. You can see these clipped on the handle of the Oxford bag.

Before this current arrangement I tried out the panniers and they did completely block the side view of the taillight. The straps on them also didn't let the seat close....so couldn't use them anyway.
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
UTC quote
On the GTS 300, I have a rack on the back and front, for me getting ROK( similar amazon basics one) straps has been good, I don't use a permanent feature for storage, I think it would get nicked parked out on the street.
Those Molle bags look cool and if I ever do do a long road trip I may get a couple of them.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
UTC quote
Yeah, it'd be a shame to block any part of your tail or brake light. We get the larger brake light here in the 'States - while the rest of the world has clear lenses on each side of the central tail light - with turn indicator bulbs in there.

O.S.
OP
@goob avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@goob avatar
UTC quote
Decided the two Moll bags just blocked the tail light too much. Managed to get everything into one bag. I'll live with this for a while and see how it works out.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0158s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0066s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]