@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.

Addicted
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
UTC quote
greasy125 wrote:
yes. hello. just chiming in here.

I don't actually read oil threads and just wanted to say that I'm making stuffed peppers instead of wasting my time with this nonsense.

that's all. that's my full input.

well, that and don't run mobile1 0-20 because nobody will have a good time.

enjoy your slippery discussion!
Wow...cool, this sounds interesting...what do you stuff your peppers with?
@rottekatz avatar
UTC

Hooked
Primavera 150

Hooked
@rottekatz avatar
Primavera 150
UTC quote
The manufacturer does not experience any financial gain from the oil that you use nor the frequency of oil changes. I always follow the manufacturers recommendations for the grade of oil and frequency of changes.

I do not follow the advised schedule of the shop that makes money every time you change the oil.
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red Devil SH150i (10,000)

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
Red Devil SH150i (10,000)
UTC quote
From my pre Google memory. I read some where that a dealer can't void a warranty for not using that dealers brand oil, unless they give the vehicle to you for free. It's been a while and remember, different states, different weirdos.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
breaknwind wrote:
From my pre Google memory. I read some where that a dealer can't void a warranty for not using that dealers brand oil, unless they give the vehicle to you for free. It's been a while and remember, different states, different weirdos.
I'm guessing you mean the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
rottekatz wrote:
The manufacturer does not experience any financial gain from the oil that you use nor the frequency of oil changes.
If an oil is branded to that manufacturer, they absolutely DO experience financial gain from that oil. Lots of vehicle manufacturers brand their own oil, too. Especially in the niche markets like scooters and motorcycles. Motorcraft (Ford), Honda, Kawasaki, Genuine scooters to name a few, all market their own secret sauces.
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
UTC quote
breaknwind wrote:
In europe the manufacturer can void your warranty only for using the wrong type of oil, not brand. So using a diesel engine oil in your mc would invalidate your warranty if it were deemed to be the cause of the issue ie: such as a camshaft failure or some such event. I'm sure it would be the same in the US. Oil is these days much more engine specific so using the correct type is important. Manufacturers often order an oil test before deciding on an engine warranty claim these days. We had to do them often to satisfy a claim. Part of that is that manufacturers realise some owners use the wrong oil in their engines to save a few bucks.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0177s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0086s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]