@goob avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio Liberty 150 AKA Gio

Hooked
@goob avatar
UTC quote
Just past 100 miles with my Liberty 150. A short 4 mile RT to the grocery.

58 degrees, sunny, and fairly strong breeze today in Denver. The FACO windscreen, and the stock leg-guards, made it a comfortable ride.

SO MUCH better than my previous commuter motorcycle (a CSC TT250).

I don't think there is a better vehicle for the city.

The big wheels of this scoot for potholes and bad roads, I think, make it a better suited than the Primavera 150. But, it is a choice of style and budget for the same engine. I am good with the Liberty, as I prefer a more modern style.

Motorcycles are in my past! If I ever add another scoot it will be a BV or MP for long distance touring.
⚠️ Last edited by Goob on UTC; edited 1 time
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Great!
OP
@goob avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@goob avatar
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
Great!
Hope we can take a ride together someday! One of our goals is to visit Italy. My wife travelled there for the fashion business many years ago and she wants to go back. Florence is her favorite city.

A big motivation, for both of us, is the food. We live in an area of Denver that was once mainly Italian. Gentrification has pushed most of the old restaurants from the '20's and '30's out of business, so we are desperate for a real Italian food fix.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Goob wrote:
Hope we can take a ride together someday! One of our goals is to visit Italy. My wife travelled there for the fashion business many years ago and she wants to go back. Florence is her favorite city.

A big motivation, for both of us, is the food. We live in an area of Denver that was once mainly Italian. Gentrification has pushed most of the old restaurants from the '20's and '30's out of business, so we are desperate for a real Italian food fix.
In my signature there are links to link to.
OP
@goob avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@goob avatar
UTC quote
Attila wrote:
In my signature there are links to link to.
I already checked those out! Thanks. When we are closer to a trip....it will be a while...can we hit you up for other suggestions?

Are you a US or other non-Italian expat? Wondering what US expat life is like and how the whole thing works if you are retired (8 years from now for me).
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
UTC quote
Scooters are great around town vehicles and good fun on country roads. I use mine when I'm picking things up or in need of a light hearted ride.
@jmj avatar
UTC

2021 Piaggio Liberty 150

@jmj avatar
2021 Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
Yes, I absolutely love mine! I only regret getting it so late in the season and not earlier.
@attila avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@attila avatar
UTC quote
Goob wrote:
I already checked those out! Thanks. When we are closer to a trip....it will be a while...can we hit you up for other suggestions?

Are you a US or other non-Italian expat? Wondering what US expat life is like and how the whole thing works if you are retired (8 years from now for me).
I am an Italian indigenous born in Italy and never left my country.
What can I say ... years ago I found this forum among many others from all over the world, I began to communicate (very crudely) with scooter forums in Japan, Australia, Canada, U.S.A. and many more.
At that time I had already had many scooters but my choice stemmed from the fact that I had a handicap in my left hand (after a road accident) and not being able to ride motorcycles with the gearbox.
But then you get used to the convenience of a scooter with an automatic gearbox and you never go back.
Well ... I found a system and that is to recover vintage bikes with the front drum brake and reverse the control levers, it works.
But the scooter remains.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0123s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0024s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]