OP
UTC

Lurker
06' Vespa LX50 4T 2 valve

Lurker
06' Vespa LX50 4T 2 valve
UTC quote
Specifically I need the accelerator pump diaphragm. I am hoping someone in this fine group can impart some advice as I have spent a considerable amount of time hunting to find one.

The carb is a Keihin CVK-18AE2A and from the manual is part # CM141907 (whole carb)

I am very excited as after much research on symptoms of the scooter (which I just purchased with only 440 miles) I finally opened up the carb and found it rather clean except the completely roached diaphragm. See photo attached. Will send a truckload of positive energy to any scooter bro that can help me find one.
No go fast with this dude
No go fast with this dude
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
@old_link avatar
UTC

Vespa 2006 LX50

@old_link avatar
Vespa 2006 LX50
UTC quote
They told me that there is no replacement for this model and year Vespa accelerator pump. You have to buy a completely new carburetor. I used a bottom gasket from a old weed eater carburetor, cut it to fit over the old gasket and reinstalled it on the Vespa carburetor. The gasket was almost see through and very thin. I had to cut the thin metal that was on the gasket. Cleaned all jets and internal parts of the carburetor before installing the gasket and replaced onto the scooter. After starting and adjusting the idle, it is running fine. Did order a CM141914 new carburetor off of EBay for around $100 as a back up just in case. Can order accelerator pump for most other carburetors, just not ours.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0103s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0041s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]