OP
UTC

Lurker
Fly 125

Lurker
Fly 125
UTC quote
I left my Piaggio Fly 125 for 6 years untouched. When to back to check it out last week. Started with new battery, changed oil etc but front brake fluid had turned to goo. I cleaned out reservoir and sprays brake cleaner and around. Problem is, front brake not pumping brake fluid.lever moves fine. Unbolted the line at end of reservoir, sprayed brake cleaner upstream but still nothing pumping through. Any advice?
@25bikez avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD

Molto Verboso
@25bikez avatar
2022 Liberty 150S-"Meg"-SOLD
UTC quote
Barraboy wrote:
I left my Piaggio Fly 125 for 6 years untouched. When to back to check it out last week. Started with new battery, changed oil etc but front brake fluid had turned to goo. I cleaned out reservoir and sprays brake cleaner and around. Problem is, front brake not pumping brake fluid.lever moves fine. Unbolted the line at end of reservoir, sprayed brake cleaner upstream but still nothing pumping through. Any advice?
Probably need to rebuild/replace the master cylinder and the caliper pistons. They get old and stiff, and won't move fluid anymore. The caliper pistons can/will rust frozen because of trapped water in the fluid.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Fly 125

Lurker
Fly 125
UTC quote
Cheers mate
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
You may have to add a new brake line as well as sometimes they collapse on the inside. Get all the old brake fluid out and flush the whole system with denatured alcohol.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
The fluid turned to goo because there was water or water vapor introduced . Check the seals after you flushed and cleaned it all up.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0135s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0043s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]