@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
You know the story...just going out for a little errand on the scooter...So, had the afternoon to myself yesterday. Windy and chilly, but wanted to run to the grocery for a couple of things and thought the LX150 needed some exercise, so took it to town. Wasn't a great match for the wind, but still enjoyable. Hadn't run into fresh cider like I'd hoped this fall, so did some checking and found an orchard about a dozen or so miles away that should have some. Had also wanted to do a fall ride through a nearby State forest with a great scenic route, so that was on the back of my mind.

Decided the Beverly would be best for the wind and distance (isn't it a burden to have more than one?). Saddled up and headed out. Found the orchard, bought a few jugs of cider and decided I was halfway to the forest and, well, why not? Found an old church on the way founded by German Catholic immigrants, walked the cemetery pondering how much English the first wave of immigrants actually spoke.....

Had my first dog conundrum. Stopped at a T intersection to look at the map, two dogs from a nearby farmhouse had taken notice of me and were crouched facing the road along my intended route. I likely wouldn't have enough speed to beat them to the road, so, discretion being the better part of valor, I went the other way, did a U turn and sped past them.

Had bought some cider at a little farm in the forest years back but not sure where....as it turned out I went right past it....so, of course stopped and bought another gallon just in case. Finished the forest ride, and stopped on the way home for some locally produced custard, well, just in case. The sun was already getting low in the sky when I got home.

So according to Google, my little errand took nearly 3 hours and 85 miles plus my 10 mile grocery run. Damned scooters! Laughing emoticon Still trying to figure out how Google knew I was on a PTW? What The? emoticon
Always nice to see cows out to pasture. Almost rare these days.
Always nice to see cows out to pasture. Almost rare these days.
German
German
Not the greatest colors this year, but still nice!
Not the greatest colors this year, but still nice!
The goods....
The goods....
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
Still trying to figure out how Google knew I was on a PTW? What The? emoticon
I wonder if it tracks the centripetal force in the accelerometer when you turn.

It's not always accurate, but it often is. And sometimes it does weird shit like deciding the middle leg of a 3-legged ride was in a car, so there must be something about a journey (a shibboleth!) that it can measure to guess what you're riding.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0108s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0033s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]