OP
UTC

S150

S150
UTC quote
Hi All,

I am moving from the east coast to the west coast and absolutely love my Notte so she will be coming with. I'm looking at various motorcycle shipping companies. Does anyone have a company/service they would reccomend?

Thanks!!
@lebo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3

Molto Verboso
@lebo avatar
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3
UTC quote
The name Denver James comes up frequently here on MV. Someone will chime in with his contact information.
@kimbered avatar
UTC

Hooked
2013 Vespa GTS 300, 2007 Vespa LX150 (sold)

Hooked
@kimbered avatar
2013 Vespa GTS 300, 2007 Vespa LX150 (sold)
UTC quote
Hi,

A number of us used https://www.motoshippers.com/ for the 2021 Scooter Cannonball.
@wbdvt avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super

Molto Verboso
@wbdvt avatar
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
UTC quote
What Kimbered said!
⬆️    About 3 months elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

GTS

GTS
UTC quote
Not sure if you have a moving company yet, but I'd look into Three Men and a Truck. I used them to move across the country last year and they were able to ship mine (they crated it, which I'd recommend) along with all of our furniture.
OP
UTC

S150

S150
UTC quote
Thanks!

I ended up using Haulbikes and figured I'd close the loop here for anyone seeing this post in the future.

They were quick to give me a quote and it was easy to book with them. The challenge became getting them to actually pick up my Vespa. They had a number of issues with their driver that pushed the pickup window back, then realized they needed to get a smaller truck, next attempt they told me it was picked up when it wasn't, attempt after that they told me it wasn't picked up when it was, and ultimately they never sent me the video inspection upon actual pickup. All told it took about 6 or 7 weeks for them to pick it up. Their customer service folks were always helpful but I had to call them each time to get a status.

Once they picked it up, transit across the country and delivery went smoothly. It arrived in the same condition they picked it up with and they did refund me about 50% for the pickup disaster.

Would not reccomend then for pick up from the philly area but otherwise you might have ok luck!
@larrymk avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300

Molto Verboso
@larrymk avatar
Vespa Super 300
UTC quote
so i have a couple of thoughts. when I shipped my Vespa from The Chicago suburbs to Scottsdale, the moving company we had used to move a lot of our furniture were happy to include the Vespa as long as I emptied most of the gas. I have also shipped a few cars and a friend of mine used the same car shippers to ship his Harley. Both good experiences. If you need more info let me know.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
ALY wrote:
Thanks!

I ended up using Haulbikes and figured I'd close the loop here for anyone seeing this post in the future.

They were quick to give me a quote and it was easy to book with them. The challenge became getting them to actually pick up my Vespa. They had a number of issues with their driver that pushed the pickup window back, then realized they needed to get a smaller truck, next attempt they told me it was picked up when it wasn't, attempt after that they told me it wasn't picked up when it was, and ultimately they never sent me the video inspection upon actual pickup. All told it took about 6 or 7 weeks for them to pick it up. Their customer service folks were always helpful but I had to call them each time to get a status.

Once they picked it up, transit across the country and delivery went smoothly. It arrived in the same condition they picked it up with and they did refund me about 50% for the pickup disaster.

Would not reccomend then for pick up from the philly area but otherwise you might have ok luck!
I used Haul Bikes to move an MP3 from San Francisco to Indiana. The pick up time was later than estimated but overall I was satisfied with their service and you cannot beat the price. As long as you are not on a hard time schedule I highly recommend them.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0131s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0049s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]