@jonny_ray avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa PX125

Enthusiast
@jonny_ray avatar
Vespa PX125
UTC quote
Starts first time off the Kickstarter and the electrical start. I have put 100's of hours in as as soon as the motor kicks over 30mph it cuts out. I have changed the jet size to no avail as the problem persists still. I read somewhere that maybe the float needle needs altering to allow fuel to flow at a higher rate when flat out. Any suggestions or input will be much appreciated. I am at my wit's end. Thanks for looking Trampolene.
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
UTC quote
Is it stock or kitted? I could never pass 40 on mine stock, but it never cut out screaming at WOT either that I can recall.

One thing to be mindful of is some people mistake a soft-seize for "cutting out" on 2-strokes. Have you checked your compression and the bore of your cylinder to confirm you aren't chewing the poor thing up repeatedly doing this?

Assuming it really is cutting out, how abrupt is it? My instinct is it would be a spark failure and not fuel starvation - your CDI may be going, such that when it gets really hot it can't punch out a spark fast enough at those high rpms and may die entirely until it cools a bit. I had two cdis go bad on mine and their willingness to fire was clearly related to their own heat/recent firing demands

Is there a delay before it is willing to restart?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0086s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0022s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]