@trenchleton avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Super Sport (Verde Speranza)

Hooked
@trenchleton avatar
UTC quote
Real talk: I dropped a nut installing the PMP on my GTS. I know I'm not the first. I can not for the life of me find it. Should I worry? I assume it skittered down into the legshield or floorboard. It fell in the vicinity of the horn, but a bit left of it. I shook the hell out of it, and I did check that it wasn't in the fan.

Thoughts? Should I pull the glovebox back out and pull the floorboard? Or is it just a sacrifice to the Piaggigods?
@touring300 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento

Ossessionato
@touring300 avatar
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento
UTC quote
Just leave it, it can do no harm. Plenty of members have found screws and other fittings under the floor which have been dropped down there by the assembly line workers during production.

Many have dropped the bodywork screw just below the headlight because the front fairing restricts access to it, it's a common offender to be lost into the abyss. When you have a proper reason to remove the floor then you can extricate it.
UTC

Enthusiast
2021 Piaggio Liberty 150

Enthusiast
2021 Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
I would just leave it. I've lost a couple into the abyss and everything been fine. A couple of weeks ago on my motorcycle, I was installing my Quad Lock phone mount and dropped a screw which got caught up in some cables. Instead of carefully reaching down to retrieve it, I came up with the brilliant idea of shaking the motorcycle left and right to get the screw to drop, forgetting that he motorcycle weighs much more than my Liberty. Well, I shook left, then shook right....and dropped the motorcycle... Broke a footpeg and my front brake lever. Thankfully this motorcycle was purchased used last month with 30000 miles on the odometer, so any new scratches just joined all the old ones. LOL. Lesson learned.
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa GTS300 Racing Sixties Moto Guzzi V85TT

Enthusiast
Vespa GTS300 Racing Sixties Moto Guzzi V85TT
UTC quote
I'm finding it challenging to work on the Vespa. I just installed a turn signal clicker on the GTS 300 yesterday.
https://www.scooterwest.com/audible-turn-signal-flasher-for-2010-and-newer-vespas-mi107.html
The whole time I was worried that I may drop something behind the leg shield. Robot at Vespa Motorsport always make things look so easy but I'm realizing the bodywork makes working on it much more challenging than working on a bicycle. It's also more cramped than in a car.
What is a PMP?
By the way the clicker is a great addition.
OP
@trenchleton avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@trenchleton avatar
UTC quote
Razor5A wrote:
I'm finding it challenging to work on the Vespa. I just installed a turn signal clicker on the GTS 300 yesterday.
https://www.scooterwest.com/audible-turn-signal-flasher-for-2010-and-newer-vespas-mi107.html
The whole time I was worried that I may drop something behind the leg shield. Robot at Vespa Motorsport always make things look so easy but I'm realizing the bodywork makes working on it much more challenging than working on a bicycle. It's also more cramped than in a car.
What is a PMP?
By the way the clicker is a great addition.
I'm lucky in that I have fairly small hands. The PMP is a bluetooth module that gives you the things that the dashboard leaves off. For most people it's sort of a novelty, but if you want access to error codes, temps, rpm, all that sort of stuff it's nice. It also has a flashing turn signal reminder if you have a phone mounted where you can see it. I haven't had too much time to play around with it as I spent aaaaaages yesterday squeezing it into halfway place (the connector on the bike came installed not where it is supposed to be, making the job much harder in my case).
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
UTC quote
I found a diamond earring in the body of my ET3 once. You're being stingy for the next owner - gotta leave them something good!
OP
@trenchleton avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@trenchleton avatar
UTC quote
xantufrog wrote:
I found a diamond earring in the body of my ET3 once. You're being stingy for the next owner - gotta leave them something good!
Ha, the next owner gets my corpse as well - only way I'm giving it up!
@burt37 avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
Trenchleton wrote:
Real talk: I dropped a nut installing the PMP on my GTS. I know I'm not the first. I can not for the life of me find it. Should I worry? I assume it skittered down into the legshield or floorboard. It fell in the vicinity of the horn, but a bit left of it. I shook the hell out of it, and I did check that it wasn't in the fan.

Thoughts? Should I pull the glovebox back out and pull the floorboard? Or is it just a sacrifice to the Piaggigods?
Funny you mention this... Even on new vespa, there are always (often perhaps) washers or small nuts under the plastic floorboard...

I wouldn't worry too much about the nut, but if it prevents you from sleeping, then get it out. The feeling of seeing the nut and where it was hiding, is priceless...
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT
UTC quote
My GT, wherever it is today, has at least 1 nut in the legshield...'no way I was going after that thing!
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.

Addicted
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
UTC quote
There's enough hardware dropped down into the innards of my GTS to build a nice moped... pahh.

Now, there was the time I dropped a cam gear bolt down the cam chain tunnel on my Kawasaki Ninja... that was an unpleasant evening.

No option... Lotsa fishing with the magnet on a stick for that one.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350
UTC quote
You've gotta leave something to discover when you eventually lift the floorboards!
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Touring

Hooked
GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
I'm disappointed in this post. I was expecting to read about a painful and embarrassing medical problem.
@captain_jim avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@captain_jim avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
smeghead wrote:
I'm disappointed in this post. I was expecting to read about a painful and embarrassing medical problem.
Or, at least a puberty moment.
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT
UTC quote
fledermaus wrote:
You've gotta leave something to discover when you eventually lift the floorboards!
Or rust through...
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0153s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0047s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]