OP
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
A little under two weeks ago, on another trip outta Gotham towards home, I made my usual stop to my fave Shell station to fill up. Pull up to one pump, only to find a hastily-scribbled note taped over the card reader that the reader isn't working. pull up to the next pump, only to find the same situation, with the added note, "pay inside." Shut engine off, get off bike and walk inside, where I'm informed that they can't take any form of payment, as "the system is down." Damn…they haven't had the best of luck at this station in the last year.

Take a slow cruise down 4th Avenue for another source. Spot a Speedway, and promptly decide to pass on it, given my past (assorted) problems with their pumps. Come across a BP and reluctantly stop in to fill up, the only unoccupied pump handles both gas and diesel, which always makes me nervous, as it seems I always instinctively reach for the diesel nozzle (including this time) before stopping myself, putting it back, and grabbing the gas nozzle instead. Probably every online auto forum has had its share of horror stories from people who actually did fill the gas-burner with That Other Fuel and gave themselves, as well as their vehicle, a serious case of heartburn.

So, imagine my feelings when coming across this morsel of news:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43108/dozens-of-cars-need-repairs-after-ohio-gas-station-sells-tainted-fuel

One little surprise: I didn't know Speedway's parent company was 7-Eleven! (Note: Speedway is essentially what was left of Amarada Hess' retail gas business which was spun off some years back.) But, what a nasty surprise for Dog knows how many drivers in the area.

(Note #2: About two years back a local BP station had a similar mishap occur, but in their case the gas was contaminated with water. I referred to it at the time as Revenge of Deepwater Horizon.)

@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
UTC quote
When I lived in Brooklyn we filled up in Nassau during shopping trips. It was much easier.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0096s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0020s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]