UTC

Hooked
1980 Vespa 100 Sport

Hooked
@akpasta avatar
1980 Vespa 100 Sport
UTC quote
Hey folks,

Had to replace my Jetex carb on my Li150 S3.

Bought this PHBL kit from Casa Lambretta because it came highly recommended pretty much everywhere. However it's NOT an easy install for me at least. Had to drop my engine and remove the exhaust due to some issues with the shroud and the intake studs.

In the first image you can see the bottom of the carb does not clear this bump in the shroud. What can I do about that? This metal is really solid. Seems tough to dent or cut. I've learned from other applications you typically can't scrap cooling shrouds altogether although I'd sure f*ing like to!! Haha.

Second, more simply, One of my intake studs is not long enough. No clue if this is stock or what but I need a longer one. Any idea where I can go for that?

Thank you!!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@scooterist avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E

Molto Verboso
@scooterist avatar
UTC quote
I will send you a picture of my set-up tomorrow, I have the same carb on my lambretta.
OP
@akpasta avatar
UTC

Hooked
1980 Vespa 100 Sport

Hooked
@akpasta avatar
1980 Vespa 100 Sport
UTC quote
scooterist wrote:
I will send you a picture of my set-up tomorrow, I have the same carb on my lambretta.
Duuude! Thank you!
@scooterist avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@scooterist avatar
UTC quote
I just took a couple of pictures and it appears that I am using bolts instead of studs. I got my Lambretta like that, it had a few things done to it including bigger cylinder, bigger carburator etc.
It is very hard for the camera to focus on the back bolts but I can assure you that I have bolts instead of studs which thinking about it that might be the way to go on your case, at least on the side were you have the short stud. You will find this bolt/stud combo in the auto industry a lot, often because of how difficult some bolts/studs are to reach therefore a combination is sometimes the way to go.
UTC

Hooked
Rally 200

Hooked
Rally 200
OP
@akpasta avatar
UTC

Hooked
1980 Vespa 100 Sport

Hooked
@akpasta avatar
1980 Vespa 100 Sport
UTC quote
scooterist wrote:
I just took a couple of pictures and it appears that I am using bolts instead of studs. I got my Lambretta like that, it had a few things done to it including bigger cylinder, bigger carburator etc.
It is very hard for the camera to focus on the back bolts but I can assure you that I have bolts instead of studs which thinking about it that might be the way to go on your case, at least on the side were you have the short stud. You will find this bolt/stud combo in the auto industry a lot, often because of how difficult some bolts/studs are to reach therefore a combination is sometimes the way to go.
Thank you! Yours looks quite a bit different from mine as the carb and intake I bought are direct clamp on, no rubber linkage thing. I guess the rubber linkage probably brings the carb out a bit more, clearing the shroud bump.

I did notice Casa sells a shroud with no bump, so I just bought one. Figured it would save me the hassle of cutting the bump out of mine or pounding it out. It was cheap-ish, so whatever.

Regarding the longer stud for the intake, I see that some intakes have one side short and the other long, no big deal there. I bought the correct stud from Casa Lambretta.

Should be on my way soon enough!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0141s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0073s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]