Addicted
GTS 300 SS BB

Addicted
@burt37 avatar
GTS 300 SS BB
UTC quote
kz1000ST wrote:
Psst...

Don't tell them... We like to use them for real time testing and development...

Then, once all the bugs are ironed out, we get them as well...
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
As much as I always wanted a T-Max I never purchased one when I had the chance. I purchased a sport bike instead. If they (Yamaha) brought the Tmax back to the USA it would be the same thing as the prior models. Sitting on the showroom floor being marked down.
⬆️    About 2 years elapsed    ⬇️
@karlsbadd avatar
UTC

Hooked
2018 Piaggio BV 350

Hooked
@karlsbadd avatar
2018 Piaggio BV 350
UTC quote
sc00ter wrote:
As much as I always wanted a T-Max I never purchased one when I had the chance. I purchased a sport bike instead. If they (Yamaha) brought the Tmax back to the USA it would be the same thing as the prior models. Sitting on the showroom floor being marked down.
From your mouth to their ears!
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Has anyone else noticed that if the bad guy in a French or Italian movie rides a scooter, it's almost always a TMax. They have a certain reputation in Europe. Over here, the market for big scooters is largely composed of people who are at a point in life where holding up a huge cruiser or touring motorcycle has become difficult. The TMax doesn't really fit that market like the Burgman, Silverwing, Majesty, or the big BMW scooters do.
Here is a video from some of our Caribbean TMax riders. They like Malossi quite a bit. Malossi gets a lot of videos like this from France.

UTC

Molto Verboso
'07 GTS250, '07 LX150, '81 P200E, '78 P200E, '64 V90 and 3 Ciaos

Molto Verboso
'07 GTS250, '07 LX150, '81 P200E, '78 P200E, '64 V90 and 3 Ciaos
UTC quote
I have an '09 model that I bought for cheap ($900).

Not the expected use case. Owner was a compounding pharmacist that used it as a daily commuter in the Phoenix metro area. Hard to look badass with a big 'ol topcase on the tail. Fella put 82K miles on it before moving it along.

Engine still runs like a champ, but it needed some other worn-out bits repaired or replaced.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
az_slynch wrote:
I have an '09 model that I bought for cheap ($900).

Bummer.... that I didn't see it first. That's a great deal.
@karlsbadd avatar
UTC

Hooked
2018 Piaggio BV 350

Hooked
@karlsbadd avatar
2018 Piaggio BV 350
UTC quote
Yeah, agreed. I thought with COVID there might be a spike in scooters/maxi scooters in particular and maybe my missed connection with the T-Max would resolve itself. Alas, I continue to be disappointed. I have already started thinking (my BV has been in the shop since August), about 4 or 5 years from now, if/when my BV is ready to go, what my next bike would be. I never thought I'd say this, but assuming the T-Max still isn't available, I would seriously consider the Burgman. I wince even typing it but at least it doesn't look like the scooter version of an Oldsmobile anymore.
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
UTC quote
Karlsbadd,

The Suzuki Burgman is/was the standard for Maxi-Scooters. I owned the Burman 400 for 14 years. Bullet proof - never failed me for 48,000 miles. I bought a 2022 Kymco AD550 for a change.

My scooter riding group, at one time, all had either the Burgman 400/650. Many have since traded their Burgmans for CAN/Am Spyders. I stayed with two wheels.

Bob Copeland
My bullet proof Burgman 400
My bullet proof Burgman 400
New Kymco AD550
New Kymco AD550
My riding group is evolving/disolving into a CAN/AM Spyder club. We usually break into two groups.  I lead the two wheelers - the CANAMs follow in a second group several minutes later.
My riding group is evolving/disolving into a CAN/AM Spyder club. We usually break into two groups. I lead the two wheelers - the CANAMs follow in a second group several minutes later.
@karlsbadd avatar
UTC

Hooked
2018 Piaggio BV 350

Hooked
@karlsbadd avatar
2018 Piaggio BV 350
UTC quote
Bob Copeland
That's a nice looking scoot! I love the nimbleness of the BV, but it's a little high for me (though I've adjusted). I won't size down in engine, but I worry I'll lose some of the quick agility with the Burg. I also commute to NYC from North Jersey, so I still want a smallish body to be able to park easily. As long as I can flatfoot, I think I'll be a bit more relaxed on it. I really notice more when my wife rides with me. I think the Burgman would be even more comfortable for her than the BV is.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0130s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0023s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]