@johntee avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa ET4

Hooked
@johntee avatar
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
I wonder if anyone could help with any information please ? . My wife and her friend are visiting the USA in September and would like to find some good bands or acts to see , and also recommendations for places to eat whilst they are there . Sept 2nd to 5th Las Vegas . 5th to 9th San Diego . 9th to 11th Los Angeles . 11th to 18th San Francisco . . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated , many thanks , John.
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
UTC quote
JOHNTEE wrote:
I wonder if anyone could help with any information please ? . My wife and her friend are visiting the USA in September and would like to find some good bands or acts to see , and also recommendations for places to eat whilst they are there . Sept 2nd to 5th Las Vegas . 5th to 9th San Diego . 9th to 11th Los Angeles . 11th to 18th San Francisco . . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated , many thanks , John.
Maybe take a look at the websites of their favorite bands. Tour dates and cities are posted there.
O.S.
@mvp avatar
UTC

2019 GTS Super

@mvp avatar
2019 GTS Super
UTC quote
It would help if you gave a little info about them. Ages? Tastes? What kind of music they like? What kind of money they want to spend on dinner? I hope after Vegas they are going to have a car for LA and San Diego. Don't get a car for driving in San Francisco. They drive like animals there. Drive up to SF and promptly turn the car into the rental agency.

I know LA the best but there isn't much time there. But first the number one band to see to have a great time would be Metalachi. Great musicians, fun night out and you get some of that Mexican-American vibe with classic metal songs from Black Sabbath, Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin etc… but in mariachi style. Look them up. The recorded music is great but the show is a blast.

Ok #1 food spot in LA is Mexican food from El Tepeyac. It's in East LA. You gotta drive there. It's not the best area but it's fine and it's really authentic. If they go there they will see part of LA culture that most tourists never see. Best to go there for lunch but they will leave full.

They gotta try In N Out burgers while there. The best fast food burger in the world. It's hardly fast food. More like classic style gourmet burgers.

Go to Korea town and get Korean BBQ at Kang Ho-Dong Baekjeong. It's my favorite spot for K-BBQ and it feels like stepping into another world.

Get Ramen from Daikokuya in Little Tokyo. Amazing ramen and it will have a line but don't let it scare you away. People move fast there and it is definitely worth it. As a plus across the street is the Little Tokyo village with all kinds of cute things to buy and more food to look at or try.

Right by little Tokyo is the Art District with some cool things to see. There is a very cool arcade bar there called Bar 82. Pinball, old arcade cabinets and a bar. Usually a DJ too. In the patio area there is usually a food truck also.

Down the street from there is a cool little outside bar called Resident. It's a really chill vibe with an old classic caravan they serve the drinks out of. It's a nice little garden style place. Great for an afternoon cocktail or at night.

Right around the corner from Bar 82 is Wurstkuche which is a cool place that serves bratwurst and soft pretzels and stuff and also beer. The food is great but I wouldn't eat there with so many good Japanese places right around there but if that's something they would like it's pretty damn good and in the seating area they have a DJ at certain times but they keep it pretty mellow. I would more stop in for a few beers and maybe a snack.

In downtown LA they can check out Grand Central Market which has a bunch of little craft food stands/eateries. The best one is Eggslut. Go there for breakfast or lunch and get an egg sandwich to die for. But they definitely have to try The Slut which is an egg on top of a potato purée served in a little glass jar. That place is very comfort food style. A lot of butter is used to great effect.

Also on the comfort food tip they should go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. The waffles are great, the chicken is great. Get the chicken covered in gravy if you want to be extra bad to your heart. Just don't put syrup on your chicken like a monster. Damn… now I'm hungry!

Catch a performance of the LA Phil Harmonic at the Disney Concert Hall. The acoustics are amazing and it's a great night out. I forget their schedule but at certain times of the year they do the concerts at the Hollywood Bowl which is also great but the concert hall is the one I would pick if I had the choice.

Venice Beach is an experience. But most of that experience is watching crack heads getting in fights with homeless people. I wouldn't bother. Malibu is better.

San Francisco:

They have to check out fisherman's Wharf. Get some seafood from a street stand like Sabella and La Torre.

For a nice dinner go to Scoma's.

For me the drive up Pacific Coast Highway from LA is the best part of going to San Francisco. The city is great don't get me wrong but the views up the coast are too die for. With that many days for San Francisco it would be crazy to miss the best drive in the country. San Francisco isn't that big so they could do all of the main stuff in only a few days. If they did that they could stop in Cambria and stop in Monterrey or just drive the whole way. But it is a long drive. Probably 7-10 hours. It's a lot more fun if you stay the night in Cambria which gives you more time to stop along the way and enjoy the cliffs and views.

Pebble Beach is a famous golf course in Monterrey and you can drive their private road around it. It's supposed to be beautiful. I rode my motorcycle up the coast a while back and unfortunately they don't allow motorcycles to do the tour anymore so I haven't seen it.

San Diego:

It's a decent drive from LA if you make stops but it's not like the views going north for the most part but there are sections that are amazing. But if they drive they could stop at beautiful places like Laguna Beach and walk around.

Definitely stop by the Shake Shack in Crystal Cove for great views on top of a cliff overlooking the beach below while you have your burger/sandwich and fries.

Stay for a relaxing night overlooking Torrey Pines golf course at the Torrey Pines Lodge. I'm going to add a picture of the view from when I stayed there. There's no better way to wake up.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 61 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 01 ET2, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 61 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 01 ET2, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
Age, budget, preferences and transportation plan please (car, plane, Uber, bus?)
OP
@johntee avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa ET4

Hooked
@johntee avatar
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
Sorry ,I should have said that they are active mid 60's and using public transport to get around . They both enjoy walking so some scenic walking routes would be good .They will have an average tourist budget for food and are quite open minded about music . Thank you for the info that I have received so far , please keep it coming .
@mvp avatar
UTC

2019 GTS Super

@mvp avatar
2019 GTS Super
UTC quote
JOHNTEE wrote:
Sorry ,I should have said that they are active mid 60's and using public transport to get around . They both enjoy walking so some scenic walking routes would be good .They will have an average tourist budget for food and are quite open minded about music . Thank you for the info that I have received so far , please keep it coming .
Where are they staying in LA? What part of the city?

So are they flying from LA to SF? How are they getting to San Diego?
OP
@johntee avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa ET4

Hooked
@johntee avatar
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
Hi MVP , travelling city to city by air except San Diego to LA by bus . Staying in LA in the downtown district.
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
UTC quote
JOHNTEE wrote:
Hi MVP , travelling city to city by air except San Diego to LA by bus . Staying in LA in the downtown district.
If they have a bus lined up already great, but there is rail service as well. Look up Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner. SD Santa Fe depot to LA Union Station. Handy option when traveling mid day when traffic is the worst.

Definitely come back on and remind us closer to the date. Happy to provide more suggestions closer to the date.
OP
@johntee avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa ET4

Hooked
@johntee avatar
Vespa ET4
UTC quote
Thanks for the help Clap emoticon
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0634s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0332s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]