@trenchleton avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 Super Sport (Verde Speranza)

Hooked
@trenchleton avatar
UTC quote
At least not current-era android versions. I tried a good 5 or so app versions as well. It kinda connects, kinda works, kinda does things. It generally disconnects partway through my commute. I borrowed an unused iPhone from work to try it on a lark (since it was such a nightmare to install) and it works perfectly. I have now ordered a very used iPhone 5s to serve as a PMP display for all of $20. I know most members find it sort of a novelty, but I really feel better having a temp gauge climbing mountains in stop'n'go road-work traffic at 100+ degrees in summer.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was thrown, or considering putting one in theirs.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 59,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
yup. Piaggio's Android code for all their apps is rubbish. It was interesting and challenging to explore and understand their crap as I was reverse engineering it while making mine
OP
@trenchleton avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@trenchleton avatar
UTC quote
Yours is Supertech only, isn't it? I want to say I tried it.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
UTC quote
Trenchleton wrote:
Yours is Supertech only, isn't it? I want to say I tried it.
not only supertech but it won't work with the PMP in the pre-HPE GTS.

there's 3 generations of the bluetooth system that is common across the whole piaggio range of scoots and motorbikes.

here's some examples: the pre-HPE PMP for the GTS uses gen1. the supertech and the HPE PMP2 for the GTS and beverly euro4 and some motoguzzi uses gen2. The latest beverly euro5 uses gen3. the mp3 and liberties etc are also a mix of gen1,2,3 (can't remember which are which off the top of my head).

I support all gen2 scoots/bikes. quick way to tell which is which: gen1 say "PMP" when pairing, gen2 say "BT_ROUTER" and gen3 say "PMP3"
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0108s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0042s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]