OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
i just bought this model and cosindering some small upgrades. my biggest questioning is what type or what exhausts can be fitted on this scooter with no modifications on the frame. i would be gratefull if there are some pictures also with the exhausts fitted.
thanks in advance
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@sjoerdo avatar
UTC

Member
Faro basso 53, Motovespa 58, V50 71
Joined: UTC
Posts: 47
Location: Netherlands
 
Member
@sjoerdo avatar
Faro basso 53, Motovespa 58, V50 71
Joined: UTC
Posts: 47
Location: Netherlands
UTC quote
Congrats, great looking scoot!

Not sure on the US models but in Europe this is a v50 not a special, the specials in Europe have a plastic nosecone and square headlight and are a lot less popular than the v50's (nobody wants a plastic nose).

On my v50 i fitted a banana exhaust (model from the et3) without any mods and it runs great. Every scootershop I know sells them.
@johntee avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa ET4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 155
Location: Sheffield England
 
Hooked
@johntee avatar
Vespa ET4
Joined: UTC
Posts: 155
Location: Sheffield England
UTC quote
Nice original condition . I fitted a Sito+ on mine with no other mods and it certainly improved the performance .
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
Sjoerdo wrote:
Congrats, great looking scoot!

Not sure on the US models but in Europe this is a v50 not a special, the specials in Europe have a plastic nosecone and square headlight and are a lot less popular than the v50's (nobody wants a plastic nose).

On my v50 i fitted a banana exhaust (model from the et3) without any mods and it runs great. Every scootershop I know sells them.
its not familiar model if you live in EU. in US its like V50 here in EU. also special 50 is very familiar in Italy. i would like to have a Special with square headlight. i really love em. also this Special cause it has a left battery tray under the side panel unfortunatelly there are not so many options for exhausts!
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
JOHNTEE wrote:
Nice original condition . I fitted a Sito+ on mine with no other mods and it certainly improved the performance .
unfortunately i might even go for a pk engine fitted on cause i already have some parts to tune it a little bit such as malossi 136 with reed valve. full circle crankshaft etc etc
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
PX 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2355
 
Ossessionato
@108 avatar
PX 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2355
UTC quote
I would swap my px200 for a plastic nose 50 special in a heart beat… even a non starting one…

Its such a great scooter
@sjoerdo avatar
UTC

Member
Faro basso 53, Motovespa 58, V50 71
Joined: UTC
Posts: 47
Location: Netherlands
 
Member
@sjoerdo avatar
Faro basso 53, Motovespa 58, V50 71
Joined: UTC
Posts: 47
Location: Netherlands
UTC quote
108 wrote:
I would swap my px200 for a plastic nose 50 special in a heart beat… even a non starting one…

Its such a great scooter
I've sold these in the Netherlands after complete paint and revision for barely a 1000 euros gone up a little in the past, but still way below the v50's in price.
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
PX 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2355
 
Ossessionato
@108 avatar
PX 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2355
UTC quote
Sjoerdo wrote:
I've sold these in the Netherlands after complete paint and revision for barely a 1000 euros gone up a little in the past, but still way below the v50's in price.
I'll buy one from you, even a non starter
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
108 wrote:
I'll buy one from you, even a non starter
i am also interested
@sjoerdo avatar
UTC

Member
Faro basso 53, Motovespa 58, V50 71
Joined: UTC
Posts: 47
Location: Netherlands
 
Member
@sjoerdo avatar
Faro basso 53, Motovespa 58, V50 71
Joined: UTC
Posts: 47
Location: Netherlands
UTC quote
well then keep an eye on marktplaats.nl the dutch premier buying/selling website

i only have a motovespa for sale and a 50cc italjet dragster at the moment
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
 
Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
UTC quote
kourabies wrote:
i just bought this model and cosindering some small upgrades. my biggest questioning is what type or what exhausts can be fitted on this scooter with no modifications on the frame. i would be gratefull if there are some pictures also with the exhausts fitted.
thanks in advance
Hooray! Looks like our paths will just cross before I leave here, and we'll get a chance meet up tomorrow. Lotsa small frame action here including one old PK50 from Hell and a sweet all original 50S from Heaven we are amateur restoring, including many new parts and a PRO paint job, no rattle cans here except fork and rims, a few motor parts etc.

But I sure hope you can come on your USA 50Special and I can tell you what you like if I know. It's a fairly rare early one w/ the old style steel horncast and round headlite.
The 50S we are working on now as recieved
The 50S we are working on now as recieved
Lovely one kick motor needed little, mostly just clean up and now ready to drop in.
Yes drop in, we will invert the frame!
Lovely one kick motor needed little, mostly just clean up and now ready to drop in. Yes drop in, we will invert the frame!
~8 hours after arrival
~8 hours after arrival
My USA 50 Special
My USA 50 Special
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
Hooray! Looks like our paths will just cross before I leave here, and we'll get a chance meet up tomorrow. Lotsa small frame action here including one old PK50 from Hell and a sweet all original 50S from Heaven we are amateur restoring, including many new parts and a PRO paint job, no rattle cans here except fork and rims, a few motor parts etc.

But I sure hope you can come on your USA 50Special and I can tell you what you like if I know. It's a fairly rare early one w/ the old style steel horncast and round headlite.
It was a pleasure meeting u. I admire the endless thirst u have on learning new things. I really enjoyed the talk. You ve shown and told me lots of things. Just to know it was a big challenge to come there, drive about 15km with my us special cause my top speed is about 40km/h 😱. Insane right? Definitely worth the fuss 😁🥳. So now i am in a search for front headlight. If there is any one that selling one let me know. If i wont find an original i could buy a repro.
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
Small treasures found when looking better
Engine button
Engine button
Are there any brake levers that press this button?
Are there any brake levers that press this button?
@finyoshi avatar
UTC

Addicted
Parmakit Primavera -74, Polini Primavera -68, VR-One 228 150 Touring -59, VMC 177 Bajaj Chetak 125 -95
Joined: UTC
Posts: 540
Location: Finland
 
Addicted
@finyoshi avatar
Parmakit Primavera -74, Polini Primavera -68, VR-One 228 150 Touring -59, VMC 177 Bajaj Chetak 125 -95
Joined: UTC
Posts: 540
Location: Finland
UTC quote
On my Bajaj there is only a flap of metal with a 90 degree bend attached to the lever with a screw. This tab presses the button when the lever is not pulled.
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
FINYoshi wrote:
On my Bajaj there is only a flap of metal with a 90 degree bend attached to the lever with a screw. This tab presses the button when the lever is not pulled.
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
Thanks. This is how it originally was? Also does anyone know where i can buy a front headlight with rim?
@finyoshi avatar
UTC

Addicted
Parmakit Primavera -74, Polini Primavera -68, VR-One 228 150 Touring -59, VMC 177 Bajaj Chetak 125 -95
Joined: UTC
Posts: 540
Location: Finland
 
Addicted
@finyoshi avatar
Parmakit Primavera -74, Polini Primavera -68, VR-One 228 150 Touring -59, VMC 177 Bajaj Chetak 125 -95
Joined: UTC
Posts: 540
Location: Finland
UTC quote
To my knowledge this is how it rolled down the line in India 1995.
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
 
Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
UTC quote
Yes, the switch here is wired in parallel with the foot switch and should light up your brake light as is, but with that screw/post screwed in your lever, the switch is off when lever is not pulled. The other swirth on your motor is your neutral lite indicator switch, the footbrake switch is hidden in your foot pedal assembly.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

This is not right, only the brake cable should pass thru the tube windows, those wires should run along the side. Also can see it's not the original lever that had the screw post as it doesn't quite fit into that notch. You could drill and tap your lever and add a screw to make it work after you verify your brake lite is ON now after you connect its wires and pushing switch turns it OFF. You can see the switch adjustment to make it work at the right time.


Good luck! I'm still hunting for a headlight rim, can you verify the casting diameter?
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
 
Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
UTC quote
I think I found you a headlight rim, also the proper reflector that needs a lens. There are some odd screws needed as well, one screws into the other.
Here's the rim, please confirm your diameter.
Here's the rim, please confirm your diameter.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Addicted
1974 Rally 200, 1974 Rally 200 with sidecar, Vespacross bike
Joined: UTC
Posts: 605
Location: Atlanta
 
Addicted
1974 Rally 200, 1974 Rally 200 with sidecar, Vespacross bike
Joined: UTC
Posts: 605
Location: Atlanta
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
I think I found you a headlight rim, also the proper reflector that needs a lens. There are some odd screws needed as well, one screws into the other.
ur the man! thanks for what ur doin till now!
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
Mattgyver wrote:
i ve seen that but from the picture i dont thing that its the correct one. at least dont look like the one that Voodoo posted above. maybe pictures are not the right ones.
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
 
Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
UTC quote
kourabies wrote:
ur the man! thanks for what ur doin till now!
You NEED to get me the headset casting diameter to confirm, and a pic w/ that bodge trim ring removed would help. There should be screw holes at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock.
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
 
Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
UTC quote
I found a proper headlight rim and reflector along with the special fasteners you'd need IF yours is 130 mm. You'd need to find a 130mm lens and bulb socket, but that shouldn't be a problem. Please confirm 130mm, and I could bring next trip.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Plating is gone in one place, the rest is nice.
Plating is gone in one place, the rest is nice.
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
come on.... isnt this guy a good fella? thanks !
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
well. the special is already at the mechanic. i will restore engine and put a dr 85cc kit on, a 4 disc plates conversion for the clutch, 19/19 carb (still thinking if its worth put a polini reed intake), also for exhaust thinking of putting a sito banana for 50cc or a faco racing. dont know if they fit properly under the side battery tray and also no if they will give some extra power. also i will change primary. i will keep it 3 speed. i think thats all for beggining.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
Headlight
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@r_fostoria avatar
UTC

Hooked
'66 Sears Cruisaire Smallframe
Joined: UTC
Posts: 311
Location: York, PA
 
Hooked
@r_fostoria avatar
'66 Sears Cruisaire Smallframe
Joined: UTC
Posts: 311
Location: York, PA
UTC quote
kourabies wrote:
well. the special is already at the mechanic. i will restore engine and put a dr 85cc kit on, a 4 disc plates conversion for the clutch, 19/19 carb (still thinking if its worth put a polini reed intake), also for exhaust thinking of putting a sito banana for 50cc or a faco racing. dont know if they fit properly under the side battery tray and also no if they will give some extra power. also i will change primary. i will keep it 3 speed. i think thats all for beggining.
I'd recommend getting the exhaust with the spring fitting instead of the bolt one. I ordered one of the bolt together ones and the mating flange on the muffler was welded on at such a janky angle, I couldn't even bolt the two part together and had to buy a new exhaust. It's also easier to remove the spring clips.
@markosmarkos avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 196
Location: no matter where you go, there you are
 
Hooked
@markosmarkos avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 196
Location: no matter where you go, there you are
UTC quote
r_fostoria wrote:
I'd recommend getting the exhaust with the spring fitting instead of the bolt one. I ordered one of the bolt together ones and the mating flange on the muffler was welded on at such a janky angle, I couldn't even bolt the two part together and had to buy a new exhaust. It's also easier to remove the spring clips.
+1 on the spring version. The flange at the bottom of most ET3 replica banana pipes will hit the battery box.
orange circle is where it hits the battery box
orange circle is where it hits the battery box
UTC

parallelogramerist
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5074
 
parallelogramerist
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5074
UTC quote
kourabies wrote:
well. the special is already at the mechanic. i will restore engine and put a dr 85cc kit on, a 4 disc plates conversion for the clutch, 19/19 carb (still thinking if its worth put a polini reed intake), also for exhaust thinking of putting a sito banana for 50cc or a faco racing. dont know if they fit properly under the side battery tray and also no if they will give some extra power. also i will change primary. i will keep it 3 speed. i think thats all for beggining.
I'd definitely pass on that DR kit. For only a little bit more money you can get the higher quality Pinasco 102 kit...which is what I had on my 50 Special (exact same scooter and color as yours). I also had a Polini pipe and I think (?) a 16 carb on it (it might have been an 19 through). The cruising speed was about 40mph. Top speed down a hill was closer 48mph. At the end of the day the scooter was still way too slow for me so I passed it on to another local scooter enthusiast.
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
Didnt expect so quick responses! thank you guys....! ok ill go for the spring pipe!
@finyoshi avatar
UTC

Addicted
Parmakit Primavera -74, Polini Primavera -68, VR-One 228 150 Touring -59, VMC 177 Bajaj Chetak 125 -95
Joined: UTC
Posts: 540
Location: Finland
 
Addicted
@finyoshi avatar
Parmakit Primavera -74, Polini Primavera -68, VR-One 228 150 Touring -59, VMC 177 Bajaj Chetak 125 -95
Joined: UTC
Posts: 540
Location: Finland
UTC quote
If you rotary valve is good(ish) forget the reed intake.
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
whodatschrome wrote:
I'd definitely pass on that DR kit. For only a little bit more money you can get the higher quality Pinasco 102 kit...which is what I had on my 50 Special (exact same scooter and color as yours). I also had a Polini pipe and I think (?) a 16 carb on it (it might have been an 19 through). The cruising speed was about 40mph. Top speed down a hill was closer 48mph. At the end of the day the scooter was still way too slow for me so I passed it on to another local scooter enthusiast.
well.... for the pinasco i should change the gearing as far as i know. and i am not willing to do that.
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
kourabies wrote:
well.... for the pinasco i should change the gearing as far as i know. and i am not willing to do that.
i mean for the 102 kit
UTC

parallelogramerist
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5074
 
parallelogramerist
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5074
UTC quote
kourabies wrote:
well.... for the pinasco i should change the gearing as far as i know. and i am not willing to do that.
You don't have to change the gearing if you don't want to.
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
whodatschrome wrote:
You don't have to change the gearing if you don't want to.
i think for the 102 kit to work properly you should change gearing
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
 
Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9531
Location: seattle/athens
UTC quote
Are you talking about the primary gears or the 3 speed gears? If you're adding power I think you ought to change from the 50cc low primary gears to the stock 90/100cc intermediate primary gears or you'll be winding the piss out of it at any higher speeds. Of course you don't have to.

I do hope your mechanic can sort out your wires and get them out of your throttle tube!

For your proper headlight rim I think we have a winner and I can send it to you soon, watch for PM.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
Are you talking about the primary gears or the 3 speed gears? If you're adding power I think you ought to change from the 50cc low primary gears to the stock 90/100cc intermediate primary gears or you'll be winding the piss out of it at any higher speeds. Of course you don't have to.

I do hope your mechanic can sort out your wires and get them out of your throttle tube!

For your proper headlight rim I think we have a winner and I can send it to you soon, watch for PM.
I was talking about 3speed gears. The primary gears will be changed for sure! Also my mechanic told me to go for the dr90 cause everything is matching good plus change the primary. I wanted to go for the 102 kit which is in the same price but if i got everything my mechanic said right for the 102 kit i have to change primary, change gears, maybe port matching, maybe will need other crankshaft cause the kit is 6port and usually brake shaft bearing? Something like that. Bottomline if i go for the 90 DR kit i would be safer and less cost.
Other opinions would be appreciated
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2537
Location: Siam
 
Ossessionato
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2537
Location: Siam
UTC quote
kourabies wrote:
come on.... isnt this guy a good fella? thanks !
This dude rules. He's like the Mother Teresa for the Vespa needy. He sent me a killer speedometer ring for my GS160 after he noticed my pathetic pitted and corroded one on the hen's tooth another bro (Mercato) sold me at a cool deal. There are lots of coolios here.
UTC

parallelogramerist
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5074
 
parallelogramerist
Joined: UTC
Posts: 5074
UTC quote
kourabies wrote:
I was talking about 3speed gears. The primary gears will be changed for sure! Also my mechanic told me to go for the dr90 cause everything is matching good plus change the primary. I wanted to go for the 102 kit which is in the same price but if i got everything my mechanic said right for the 102 kit i have to change primary, change gears, maybe port matching, maybe will need other crankshaft cause the kit is 6port and usually brake shaft bearing? Something like that. Bottomline if i go for the 90 DR kit i would be safer and less cost.
Other opinions would be appreciated
I kept the 3 speed transmission in my engine. I also had the stock crankshaft and did no port matching. The scooter was dead reliable everywhere. I dunno what the brake shaft bearing is. But since you're after other opinions, what about installing a Polini 75 kit? I hear it's better than the Pinasco 102 kit. The bonus is that it's cast iron instead of aluminum and has less ports.
OP
@kourabies avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
 
Hooked
@kourabies avatar
125 TS VNL3
Joined: UTC
Posts: 141
Location: Greece
UTC quote
whodatschrome wrote:
I kept the 3 speed transmission in my engine. I also had the stock crankshaft and did no port matching. The scooter was dead reliable everywhere. I dunno what the brake shaft bearing is. But since you're after other opinions, what about installing a Polini 75 kit? I hear it's better than the Pinasco 102 kit. The bonus is that it's cast iron instead of aluminum and has less ports.
thanks for the reply. i meant break the Shaft bearing... i ll check for the polini 75
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0406s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0160s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]