@christopher_55934 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
A Fage yogurt lid gave up it's life for this mod. No more f@cking rattle. I've already replaced all 4 rubber stoppers in corners it wasn't enough. Did stop the metal on metal rubbing in corners. Need to find a decent tool box sticker to put over door to cover up some of the rust.

Anybody used rubber trim pieces from another area to put around the door?
It has rattled so much paint is gone.
It has rattled so much paint is gone.
Cut out the center box, yes that is yogurt.
Cut out the center box, yes that is yogurt.
Slide over backside
Slide over backside
Cut a second one and put under clip on backside. No more metal to metal contact.
Cut a second one and put under clip on backside. No more metal to metal contact.
My helper was pooped, time for a nap.
My helper was pooped, time for a nap.
@whereshaldo avatar
UTC

Hooked
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70

Hooked
@whereshaldo avatar
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70
UTC quote
I love that we're all trying to stop the rattles on the second loudest bike on the street. I will be doing this post haste.

h
OP
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
whereshaldo wrote:
I love that we're all trying to stop the rattles on the second loudest bike on the street. I will be doing this post haste.

h
It was an annoying buzzing, I could literally reach down put hand on lock to stop buzzing. If they were all that easy.
@whereshaldo avatar
UTC

Hooked
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70

Hooked
@whereshaldo avatar
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70
UTC quote
Oh i can hear my flywheel cover rattling like rocks in a vw bug hubcap (fun old prank). I just haven't gotten around to backing the cover with felt tape.

h
OP
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
whereshaldo wrote:
Oh i can hear the flywheel cover rattling like rocks in a vw bug hubcap (fun old prank). I just haven't gotten around to backing the cover with felt tape.

h
Are you talking about the fan cover over the blades? That thing rattles? What's this about backing with felt? I've used sound absorbing mat in places on other cars.
@whereshaldo avatar
UTC

Hooked
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70

Hooked
@whereshaldo avatar
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70
UTC quote
I just went through my Citroen and did a major dashboard rattle elimination. I used this stuff:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DWCCNBT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which is amazing and I've now found 10,000 ways to incorporate it into my life. I started rolling it into balls and eating it and I've lost 6 lbs over the last 3 days.

Its good stuff.

h
OP
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
whereshaldo wrote:
I just went through my Citroen and did a major dashboard rattle elimination. I used this stuff:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DWCCNBT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which is amazing and I've now found 10,000 ways to incorporate it into my life. I started rolling it into balls and eating it and I've lost 6 lbs over the last 3 days.

Its good stuff.

h
I've used various version, brands, thicknesses of this stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0751CBXBT?pd_rd_i=B0751CBXBT&pf_rd_p=7672bfb7-93b0-4322-b745-2104db09c4df&pf_rd_r=Q2ZRVQV7TD8CDNBGJ5HJ&pd_rd_wg=Rr16s&pd_rd_w=KjiFY&pd_rd_r=a9300f23-5ad3-426b-9e94-4fe92da015b6
@swiss1939 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208

Ossessionato
@swiss1939 avatar
P208, Stella VMC Stelvio 187, Stella 150, VNX1T, V9A1T, V9B1T, 02 Sportster XLH1208
UTC quote
whereshaldo wrote:

Its good stuff.

h
Not eats.
@axman88 avatar
UTC

Stella 4T, 2011

@axman88 avatar
Stella 4T, 2011
UTC quote
I spent a couple days looking for the source of the nasty rattle. It was good that I found the true cause last, because half of my battery retaining strap had gone missing, and the screws holding my headlamp were loose, as was the nut retaining my PRD relay. But, addressing these did not remove the nasty rasp at high RPMs. I'm not sure how it finally dawned on me that the glovebox door might be rattling.

By hand, I bent a bit of arch into the top edge of the door. Problem solved. The metal is thin and it is soft.

My Stella is my quietest moto, but it's a 4 stroke, and its next nearest competitor has 4x the displacement. It's so quiet that if I'm riding with a buddy, I find myself revving the engine to make sure it hasn't stalled while we are waiting at the stoplight.

Who needs coffee in the morning, when you have vibration?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0117s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0024s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]