@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Red Devil SH150i (10,000)

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
UTC quote
While owning BV 350's I was very happy with Malossi upgrades.
Now with my Honda SH's I've had nothing good happen with them. My BBK blew a head gasket in 200 miles. The CDI wasn't plug and play. There's no way I'm cutting wires to make something work that should plug right in.
Now I bought a Brake disk that's too large at the outside diameter. Now I have to hope I can get my money back for a disk that's probably made for Europe bikes with ABS.
If Malossi wants to sell Honda SH150i performance parts to the U.S., why are they selling parts that don't work on 2010 U.S. model bikes??? Facepalm emoticon Facepalm emoticon Facepalm emoticon
So after wasting time trying to install this disk, now I get to waste more time getting my money back.
So after wasting time trying to install this disk, now I get to waste more time getting my money back.
OP
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
UTC quote
Well I just double checked the return policy. Looks like I'm stuck holding the bag. I guess because it's Malossi, it doesn't matter if it is the wrong part, I still can't return it. It doesn't even look like the picture shown on the suppliers website.
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.

Addicted
@fritz_katzenjammer avatar
'07 GTS250ie "Mechanical Squirrel", '66 Honda Benly, '19 Suzuki 250 cafe "Mouse", '42 Henschel PzKw VI Tiger
Location: somewhere deep in the back of the garage...Burlington ONT.
UTC quote
I can relate. I had a Malossi variator on my 500 MP3 and after only a few thousand miles it began to stick and no amount of cleaning could keep it working well for anything but a short term.

I got the feeling the components were designed to be " just good enough", fine if you are the type who enjoys tearing your bike apart to adjust and clean things and keep them working well, not so good if your are depending on it for a daily commute of 60km and want something dead reliable with reasonable maintenance intervals.
OP
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
UTC quote
The only reason I bought it was because OEM suppliers can't get them and have no ETA on when they can get them. Now I have to risk more money on after market suppliers.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Who, or where, did you buy it from?
OP
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
Who, or where, did you buy it from?
Scooterpartsco.
@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
UTC quote
Only one disc for the SH150 on Malossi's site and it's for the KF08E, 2009 and onwards, (European market). Disc is 240mm in diameter. No offense but I highly doubt that Malossi cares for the US market. It's a European company and developes stuff on models they can get their hands on. If your market SH has different discs or anything else can't see how it's their fault. It's your supplier's obligation to know what he sells / imports…
OP
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
UTC quote
Conflicting pictures.
This is the picture on the website.
This is the picture on the website.
This is what I received.
This is what I received.
OP
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
UTC quote
SaFiS wrote:
Only one disc for the SH150 on Malossi's site and it's for the KF08E, 2009 and onwards, (European market). Disc is 240mm in diameter. No offense but I highly doubt that Malossi cares for the US market. It's a European company and developes stuff on models they can get their hands on. If your market SH has different discs or anything else can't see how it's their fault. It's your supplier's obligation to know what he sells / imports…
I have to disagree. The U.S. has only one model. If Malossi is sending parts to the U.S., They should know what the parts fit. I might have 5,000 miles left on my front brake. Till then I have to try suppliers(2) that have them. Their pictures don't look like OEM.
I bought an after market Buzzetti center stand that lasted 2,000 miles and broke in half. That was when I decided no more after market parts. Then I get the news of the OEM supply shortage.
I also have a problem finding CG tires. So I bought 2 rears and 1 front. I'm putting >1,500 miles a month on my black beater doing Door Dash and that's only part time.
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
I ran Malossi parts on my Zuma 2 strokes. Floating rotors, bbk kits, CDI boxes, reduction gears, variator,s etc. Never had a problem with their products, and this was pushing a 50cc moped to go 60+mph hard. Wheelies and street racing.

Now the SH Honda was a short run US market scooter. I rarely ever see them. You need to find a parts breaker online. When I had my Burgman 200 I found one being parted out on ebay stores. Set sale prices as well. I purchased everything I needed, and what I think I would need, at a very fair price compared to new. Suzuki would drag you across the coals for new OE parts!

Same for my SYM CItyCom 300. I found one being parted out online. SYM was still suffering from the Carter Brothers incident. I purchased a bunch of parts from that ebay store. Set sale prices and they arrived in the condition promised.

You may just need a caliper spacer to run that rotor.
OP
@breaknwind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@breaknwind avatar
UTC quote
sc00ter wrote:
You may just need a caliper spacer to run that rotor.
If I were still working as a machinist, I'd go to work Sat. or Sun. and make a custom caliper bracket.
But that's not the point.

Suppliers can't stock every brand/make bike and use them to check every part they sell.

The problem I have is a blanket return poilcy with no exemption for getting the wrong part.

Am I the only one that this stuff happens to. My BV experience with Malossi parts was awesome. My SH experience with Malossi SUCKS.

I need an advocate to Malossi or I'm sitting on $600 worth of paper weights. Does not include BBK.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
This mismatch should be taken up directly with the retailer, not aired on here. In this case there's an obvious direct communication pathway...

Locking.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0147s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0054s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]