OP
UTC

Enthusiast
Vespa P125X

Enthusiast
Vespa P125X
UTC quote
Hi all,

I installed a grimeca semi hydraulic disc brake on my 78 P125x a couple of years ago and fancy going to fully hydraulic as my project over the summer. I cant find many decent youtube vids.
1. Has anyone done this conversion and if so what are your thoughts? Worth doing?
2. Does anyone have a good list of resources on how to do it? I havnt found a good video showing fishing the brake hose through etc.
3. Typical above bars resevoir or I have seen a few done with the cylinder under the head set. Does anyone have any views on this?
4. Lastly does anyone have a shopping list or the best places to get the kit?

Thanks!
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
V range 50s

Ossessionato
@108 avatar
V range 50s
UTC quote
Yeah fully hydraulic is great. Looks the business.

Not sure about converting your existing setup to fully hydraulic.

But on fishing the hose through the fork.

There's a few ways you can exit the handlebars. I chose to go through the fork, out of the top and past the speedo, with a hole drilled in the plastic cover. I used a stainless steel braided hose. So it's not the most flexible.

I've seen setups where it's through the handlebar at the bottom near the fixing bolt. For that I imagine the hose will be soft or there's a hole in the fork tube.

But fishing the hose is a bitch… best tool I found which worked was to use an old speedo cable and to coil a thin wire around both and tape everything to pull through from the wheel, towards the speedo. Of course the use of grease helps pull it through.

Using a thin wire or even a coat hanger doesn't work as the steering lock gets in the way and speedo cable…

If the fork is rusted on the inside, makes it even tougher to pull through as it gets caught up and takes weird turns.

I'm using the BGM master cylinder, cheap, looks great, but no brake light switch. Also you need to switch out your handlebar tube to be long enough to fit it.

If not the crimaz setups look good, which are the ones where it's under the handlebar that you were mentioning
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0104s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]