OP
@brioscooter avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@brioscooter avatar
UTC quote
Hi everyone!
I am putting a 2002 ET4 back on the road for a good friend. It is pretty much in stock condition, other than the TiForce exhaust. Even the jets are original, which must be incorrect. Does anyone know which pilot and main jet sizes would be correct? Also, is there are source for replacement muffler support clamps? This one snapped in two.[/b]
OP
@brioscooter avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@brioscooter avatar
UTC quote
NO ONE here has rejetted an ET4 to suit an aftermarket exhaust? I am disappointed... Facepalm emoticon
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Why do you think you need to rejet an ET4 after installing an aftermarket exhaust?
OP
@brioscooter avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@brioscooter avatar
UTC quote
Most performance/aftermarket exhausts flow more exhaust gases than the original mufflers can, so that allows more air to enter through the carburetor, which leans it out (changes the air-to-fuel ratio). The jet sizes usually have to be increased to compensate for the increased air flow entering the engine. The proper air-to-fuel ratio must be maintained to prevent overheating, backfiring, and poor running.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
You will not need to rejet unless you change the intake side. It is not taking in any more air and fuel because you changed the exhaust.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Then there's the matter of the valves...
OP
@brioscooter avatar
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
@brioscooter avatar
UTC quote
Tierney, I have to disagree with you on that point. Here is a much better explanation than mine of why rejetting is necessary: https://www.cycleworld.com/story/blogs/ask-kevin/why-rejecting-is-necessary-when-exhaust-system-is-changed/
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0094s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0019s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]