OP
UTC

PX 125

PX 125
UTC quote
Hi All
Im brand new on here so be gentle as im not too tech minded. Would normally go to my pal who has 2 stroke in his veins but ive relocated so im on my own.

I have a px 125 upgraded to a pinasco 177 and all was running great. I had to let it sit for a few years with old fuel so decided to drain the system of oil and petrol. unfortunately the fuel pipe split and disintegrated so ive renewed both oil ( Auto lube) and petrol pipe and the scoot started and ticks over as it should.
The problem i have is when i get into 4th gear at about 50MPH it feels like fuel starvation as she holds back ( bogging ) and feels like you need to clutch in and rev so deffo an issue.
Once I ease off she goes fine and pulls like a train in 1 2 and 3 im just lacking top end.

Not sure of the jetting and was running fine pre pipe renewal.

Any ideas where to look would be much appreciated

cheers Andie

I can send pics if needed but need to upload as this is the work pc
@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
UTC quote
An admin should move this to the NSM side...
OP
UTC

PX 125

PX 125
UTC quote
Apologies I didnt realise i had posted on the wrong group. Should I copy and paste this one and re post on the correct one
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
Andief wrote:
Apologies I didnt realise i had posted on the wrong group. Should I copy and paste this one and re post on the correct one
One of our lovely moderators will be along shortly to attend to you misplaced post.
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
Someone will move this but until then, can you tell us what jets are installed in your carb? What size is your carb? 20? 24?
OP
UTC

PX 125

PX 125
UTC quote
Hi Thanks for the reply. Ive not checked the jet size or carb yet but I know i upgraded when we fitted the kit. Scooter was running fine but then she has sat for a couple of years with no use just the odd start up to keep the engine fresh. I drained the old fuel which had been sitting for a couple of years and thats when I had to replace the oil and fuel line as they were perished. My thinking is,,,,, could the fuel line be too long. I will get the Jet and Carb sizes asap and get back to you but thanks in advance. Ride safe All Scooter emoticon
@fraggleexport avatar
UTC

Hooked
'65 Sprint 177/ '17 GTS300

Hooked
@fraggleexport avatar
'65 Sprint 177/ '17 GTS300
UTC quote
I suppose with my Sherlock head on you tell us that 'all was running fine before'. For that reason we must look at whats happened in the dormant period... My thoughts;

-Carburettor jets have got gummy...the main jet really
-Your fuel petcock(?) has got crusty at the bottom of the tank and wont allow enough fuel up in the top end of demand
-Has fuel changed over there in the past few years ie more ethanol in the mix?
-Yes , your fuel line being over long is a good shout

Personally Id initially inspect and clean your main jet first. 5 minute job. I dont think its anything to do with the kit

Kevin
OP
UTC

PX 125

PX 125
UTC quote
Thank Kevin,

Problem solved it was a schoolboy error.

Went to start her up and she ticked over first click then died.

checked spark great

checked the jets and all shiny and sparkling but gave them a clean anyway

However when checking fuel flow at the Carb was getting a big fat ZERO

I had nipped the pipe when i put the Head Cowling back on so looks like ive had enough on the vaccume to keep her going but once she has sat for a couple of days the pipe has got soft in the hot weather we are having and the place it was nipped was letting nothing through.

Re routed the offending pipe to the outside of the Cowling where it should be and took her for a spin.

Pulling 50MPH in 3rd and up to 60 in 4rth but still plenty of throttle left just not enough road. Not Missing a beat. Happy days

Cheers Guys for the comments
@psma avatar
UTC

Hooked
125 GTR 1977, 50S 1975, GTS 125 Supertech 2021

Hooked
@psma avatar
125 GTR 1977, 50S 1975, GTS 125 Supertech 2021
UTC quote
Nice you found it!
This is what I found on my just bought small frame, nice work ... Facepalm emoticon
Replaced with standard green fuel line.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

PX 125

PX 125
UTC quote
More kink than a cafe in Amsterdam ROFL emoticon
@scooterist avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E

Molto Verboso
@scooterist avatar
71' Sprint Veloce , 05' Vespa PX150, 1978 P200E
UTC quote
I also made mistakes like that and had similar engine trouble. I removed the tank once and pinched the fuel line with the fuel tank/oil tank. The scooter worked well at lower gears and lower throtle control but would die at full throtle.

Another common problem is the nipple at the carburator, it has to be tighten well, with the proper red waxy paperish seal and a fuel line that fits snug and a good clamp otherwise you get fuel interruption at wide open throtle.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0138s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0041s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]