OP
UTC

Hooked
Gts 300 notte

Hooked
Gts 300 notte
UTC quote
Here in Toronto metered street parking is free for motorcycles and scooters. Just wondering if any montrealers here could let me know. Taking a road trip soon. Thank you!
@spirovision avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS super 300

Hooked
@spirovision avatar
GTS super 300
UTC quote
technically not free here. if you park in metered parking and take up the spot you pay. if you park at the end of the metered spot you may or may not get a ticket but you take a chance of getting hit. (sorry)
no parking on sidewalks. you can park at the end of the bixi rack on the road free. there are also free motorcycle parking zones in downtown montreal but they usually fill up fast.
Easiest for me is to get the metered parking app and take up the space. not that expensive and easy to use.
OP
UTC

Hooked
Gts 300 notte

Hooked
Gts 300 notte
UTC quote
Thank you! I appreciate the info 😀 have a great day
@fudmucker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini

Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
UTC quote
In response to requests for more motorcycle parking in town years ago, the Pretoria city council took one car parking place and divided it into four spaces designated for motorcycles only. They also installed four parking meters to charge the same rate for one quarter of the street space. Needless to say, motorcyclists parked in car spaces in protest.
The motorcycle meters were removed.

Now cars park in the space designated for 4 motorcycles and motorcycles park on the sidewalk. Parking enforcement is not a priority for the city cops. Facepalm emoticon
@adri avatar
UTC

Atypical Canadian
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie

Atypical Canadian
@adri avatar
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
UTC quote
I'm on a Toronto to Quebec City and back motorcycle ride and I just paid to be safe. $2.50 for a 5 hour max period. It's not like Toronto parking prices, so I was happy to pay and not worry about it.

To make sure no cars tried to mess with my spot, I parked the bike smack in the middle of the parking spot (they are outlined, unlike here).

Still had one guy try to think he could squeeze his car in. I think I scared the shit out of him when he was looking backwards trying to back it in and I slammed on his hood and gave him a "no no" finger wag and pointed him away like when my dog is being sent to her crate for a time out lol.

If you venture further to Trois Rivieres there is an app you'll need to download. As in Montreal each parking space has an assigned number so pay attention to that.

In Quebec City parking was similar just be mindful there are special rules about motorcycles in Old Quebec, I believe they aren't allowed unless you have a hotel booked within the city walls.

When are you leaving for your trip? I took the 401 the entire way, and then whatever it turns into, but took Highway 7 for part of the way back. I was on a 650 but we were two up with about 50-60 lbs of luggage.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0168s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0096s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]