@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT
UTC quote
I'm not sure but I've made a Couple of windshields out of urethane. It is quite strong. I could literally bent in the almost in half and it would not crack. It also did not yellow with time even after a number of years in the sun. I got the material at tap plastic. If I recall correctly, are used 1/8".

Miguel
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
There are several water repelling products. I use Rain-X Plastic Water Repellent. Make sure whatever you use is made for use on plastic.

I prefer not to look through a screen, but over the top. That way there is less glare and much improved vision.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
giallo wrote:
There are several water repelling products. I use Rain-X Plastic Water Repellent. Make sure whatever you use is made for use on plastic.

I prefer not to look through a screen, but over the top. That way there is less glare and much improved vision.
Bang on, I also just use Rain-X and prefer to look over my windscreen. In bad weather or on the slab I like the ability to raise a windscreen on the fly which all my BMWs have offered but it's just a convenience.

On my current Vespa I have the Faco Twin that does a pretty good job when up but is a pleasant lower screen when down. You have to be stopped to raise it but no big deal and a red light is plenty of time. At 5'11" I can still see over it when raised which I also like.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
weecoo wrote:
What made of Vespa windshield ?

glassfiber ? or polycarbonate ?

Most motorcycle and scooter windscreens are made of acrylic. Some of the better ones are made of polycarbonate.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0102s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0027s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]