OP
UTC

GTS 300 Touring

GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Hi all,
I'm looking for a rec on a 3/4 Helmet that'll fit below the seat of a GTS 300.
Adding a top case is out since I'm just looking to have an extra helmet on board for an expected or unexpected rider.

Thanks for your input.
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
UTC quote
simple plain old scorpion 3/4 helmet will fit.
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS300 (2012)

Hooked
Vespa GTS300 (2012)
UTC quote
barrej8 wrote:
Hi all,
I'm looking for a rec on a 3/4 Helmet that'll fit below the seat of a GTS 300.
Adding a top case is out since I'm just looking to have an extra helmet on board for an expected or unexpected rider.

Thanks for your input.
How do you know what size head your unexpected passenger will have ROFL emoticon .
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
UTC quote
I have one that has an adjustable strap(D buckle) and it is a medium size. So far I have managed fine with it.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
I wouldn't wear a communal helmet stored in the pet carrier. The heat from the engine will degrade the materials faster than you'd think, rendering it nearly useless. Besides, if it doesn't fit right it won't help much in a crash. Loose helmets may protect the skull from visible damage but won't do much to protect the brain from impact. A properly fitted helmet is much more likely to preserve the brain and its functions.

@strawberrysoda avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech

Hooked
@strawberrysoda avatar
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech
UTC quote
Old Rocker wrote:
How do you know what size head your unexpected passenger will have ROFL emoticon .
Or what shape their head is?
@strawberrysoda avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech

Hooked
@strawberrysoda avatar
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
I wouldn't wear a communal helmet stored in the pet carrier. The heat from the engine will degrade the materials faster than you'd think, rendering it nearly useless. Besides, if it doesn't fit right it won't help much in a crash. Loose helmets may protect the skull from visible damage but won't do much to protect the brain from impact. A properly fitted helmet is much more likely to preserve the brain and its functions.

I was gonna say…

The desire to keep a helmet under your seat for unexpected passengers indicates a desire to keep them safe, but if the helmet doesn't fit them properly then how much good is it actually doing and how safe are you actually keeping said unexpected passenger? Unless the helmet is just to keep you from being pulled over…?
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
UTC quote
Here in NYC, a pillion rider has to wear a helmet. As much as I would like to have a helmet that does its job protecting the wearer, I tend to be practical, yes. wearing no helmet would get me a ticket. I don't carry a pillion rider often, I haven't met anyone who has said they have their own helmet either so I try and accommodate and hope we never get into an accident. Thats the way I roll the dice. Is it right, nope, does it get the job done, yes so far. Am I playing Russian roulette, I'd say so.
I also dont wear armor protection while I ride and I know I would be better off having that.
I try and minimize my risks and tend to manage as best as I can.
@strawberrysoda avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech

Hooked
@strawberrysoda avatar
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech
UTC quote
baba12 wrote:
Here in NYC, a pillion rider has to wear a helmet. As much as I would like to have a helmet that does its job protecting the wearer, I tend to be practical, yes. wearing no helmet would get me a ticket. I don't carry a pillion rider often, I haven't met anyone who has said they have their own helmet either so I try and accommodate and hope we never get into an accident. Thats the way I roll the dice. Is it right, nope, does it get the job done, yes so far. Am I playing Russian roulette, I'd say so.
I also dont wear armor protection while I ride and I know I would be better off having that.
I try and minimize my risks and tend to manage as best as I can.
To each their own. I sure would feel uncomfortable riding with an ill-fitting helmet and no armor, though, especially here in NYC.
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
UTC quote
strawberrysoda wrote:
To each their own. I sure would feel uncomfortable riding with an ill-fitting helmet and no armor, though, especially here in NYC.
My helmer is a full face HJC helmet. I keep a 3/4 open face helmet under the seat.
I don't have armor for me while riding in the city. The hope is Ill be fine, if shit happens then I shall deal with the consequences, the hope is if I have to deal with shit I am gone and not hanging around.
@giallo avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 hpe

Addicted
@giallo avatar
GTS 300 hpe
UTC quote
strawberrysoda wrote:
I feel the same. All the gear all the time is the only way I roll in New York City, or anywhere else, but especially in this city.

As for helmets that aren't full face, take a look at this graphic and think about which parts of your head don't seem important enough to protect.
Graphic showing which parts of the head are most impacted by motorcycle accidents.
Graphic showing which parts of the head are most impacted by motorcycle accidents.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0185s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0071s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]