OP
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
This is a quick one: I wanted this from the moment I caught Robot's video for the thing. Frustratingly, the day the thing arrived on my doorstep from Scooterwest was the day I brought Thelonica in for when turned out to be a defective fuel pump (but thankfully only took a week to resolve). I finally got to install it yesterday (Wednesday), and other than having a hard time removing the red backing strip off the double-sided tape - even Robot seemed to be having a time with it in the video - installation was straightforward and fairly quick. Unlike most flaps made for Vespas, I like the subdued, form-firing contours that make it look very "factory" and and not loosey-goosey-flappy. (It doesn't hurt that the finish moiety much matches my bike's Nero Convinto Matte paint.)

This should offer added protection for the lower legshield of the bike from the assorted bits of Cosmik Debris that plagued Melody when I had her, chipped paint and all. Recommended.

Sharp-looking protection, at least if you ask me.
Sharp-looking protection, at least if you ask me.
⚠️ Last edited by amateriat on UTC; edited 1 time
@coddy avatar
UTC

Addicted
2021 GTS 300 Supersport, Triumph Tiger 800

Addicted
@coddy avatar
2021 GTS 300 Supersport, Triumph Tiger 800
UTC quote
Good idea.

I've just ordered a twin pack of carbon front and rear guards from SLUK in the hope they will help prevent rust and make cleaning easier.

https://scooterlab.uk/product/vespa-gts-gtv-sluk-guard-ultra-tail-double-pack/
OP
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
UTC quote
Coddy wrote:
Good idea.

I've just ordered a twin pack of carbon front and rear guards from SLUK in the hope they will help prevent rust and make cleaning easier.

https://scooterlab.uk/product/vespa-gts-gtv-sluk-guard-ultra-tail-double-pack/
I thought one of SLUK's mudguards looked a teensy-bit more cool-looking than Scooterwest's, but the additional time-lag and cost didn't seem worth the bother for me, so I went with Scooterwest, and I don't regret it.
UTC

Enthusiast
2019 GTS300

Enthusiast
2019 GTS300
UTC quote
Nice install on that mud flap/stone guard! I like the added width.

I scooped up one of the SLUK guards before the Scooterwest model came along. Took a week or 2 to arrive. Both versions are worthwhile accessories and seemingly blend in without being an eyesore.

I'm not a big fan of the SLUK using the panhead screws, but it's rock solid.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by mrob on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
UTC quote
mrob wrote:
Nice install on that mud flap/stone guard!

I scooped up one of the SLUK guards before the Scooterwest model came along. Took a week or 2 to arrive. Both versions are worthwhile accessories and seemingly blend in without being an eyesore.

I'm not a big fan of the SLUK using the panhead screws, but it's rock solid.
That looks pretty solid to me (and not bad-looking at all). In the end, it's about saving wear-and-tear, so I think we're both good-to-go.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0124s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0052s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]