Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:43 pm

Member
Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 5
Location: Portland, OR
 
Member
Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 5
Location: Portland, OR
Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:43 pm linkquote
I have been the proud owner of a Piaggio Fly 150 for almost a year now. I have been keeping track of my MPG every fill-up. I average between 52-56 MPG and think that should be higher. The owner of the Vespa shop has a 250cc Vespa and says he gets over 60 MGP every fill-up. He suggested a new spark plug, but that did nothing, and he also suggested am adjustment to the carburetor. Will this work, and I have heard that it might affect how fast I go? I would love to change my fuel efficiency but not my performance. Any help would be appreciated.
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:01 am

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 11548
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
 
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 11548
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:01 am linkquote
many things affect fuel mileage.
riding style, riding terrain, weight, cargo weight, air density, tempature, octane, phases of the moon, etx.

in all seriousness, mid-fifties sounds about right. you could try a tune up: check the air filter and rollers, belt, clutch, etx.

remember, a 250 has more cubes so it doesn't have to work as hard as a 150. it just kinda lumbers along, and you're not wringing it's neck all the time to get rolling.

best,
-greasy
Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:03 am

Addicted
63 VNB
Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 795
Location: Kansas City
 
Addicted
63 VNB
Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 795
Location: Kansas City
Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:03 am linkquote
greasy125 wrote:
many things affect fuel mileage.
riding style, riding terrain, weight, cargo weight, air density, tempature, octane, phases of the moon, etx.
Tire pressure too.
Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Banned
www.sportiquescooters.com
Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 473
Location: DCD, USA
 
Banned
www.sportiquescooters.com
Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 473
Location: DCD, USA
Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:22 pm linkquote
Excellent point, greasy - an overlooked one. Bigger engines don't work as hard or need to rev as high to accomplish the same speeds. It's also worth noting that 250cc Vespers have the new fangled fuel injection. That helps make those machines more fuel efficient.

Trade-in time?

You could need a carb adjust and tune and it might help a bit but my best guess is that you are working the scoot pretty hard thus cutting down your economy.
greasy125 wrote:
many things affect fuel mileage.
riding style, riding terrain, weight, cargo weight, air density, tempature, octane, phases of the moon, etx.

in all seriousness, mid-fifties sounds about right. you could try a tune up: check the air filter and rollers, belt, clutch, etx.

remember, a 250 has more cubes so it doesn't have to work as hard as a 150. it just kinda lumbers along, and you're not wringing it's neck all the time to get rolling.

best,
-greasy
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed between posts    ⬇️
Wed May 28, 2008 6:07 am

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS300ie
Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 1262
Location: essex united kingdom
 
Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS300ie
Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 1262
Location: essex united kingdom
Wed May 28, 2008 6:07 am linkquote
my uk spec piaggio fly 125 will do 80mpg and thats town use , so the 150cc version should do much the same
Wed May 28, 2008 6:27 am

Enthusiast
BV250
Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 76
Location: Beaverton, OR
 
Enthusiast
BV250
Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 76
Location: Beaverton, OR
Wed May 28, 2008 6:27 am linkquote
No need to cry about that mpg. The same engine in my old ET4 produced a consistent 49. Going to a BV250, I now net 68 in town!
What everyone says about the water-cooler loafing along is correct.
Wed May 28, 2008 7:04 am

Hooked
'80 p125x
Joined: 26 Aug 2006
Posts: 347
Location: kansas city
 
Hooked
'80 p125x
Joined: 26 Aug 2006
Posts: 347
Location: kansas city
Wed May 28, 2008 7:04 am linkquote
Hmm.. My ET4 gets 62 on average lately (been using premium fuel) and the GF's gets 68. Maybe it's a difference in riding styles. I commute 28 miles a day (work and back) and what google maps claims is a 31 minute commute is realistically about 45 minutes. I travel the speed limit, but I don't take my time to get up to it .

Come to think of it, I've had to drive the car this weekend, and on this recent tank of gas, I had a tidbit over 34MPG, noting that I've been driving like an old lady on purpose for the 2nd half of the tank to see if the car would break the low 30s or not. If I drive the car the way I normally like to, (shift well AFTER the vtec kicks in) then I'm usually looking at 28MPG on average.

The only vehicle I own that doesn't seem to be sensitive to how I ride it is my Ducati. That thing is just thirsty
Wed May 28, 2008 7:25 am

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS300ie
Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 1262
Location: essex united kingdom
 
Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS300ie
Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 1262
Location: essex united kingdom
Wed May 28, 2008 7:25 am linkquote
super-fly wrote:
my uk spec piaggio fly 125 will do 80mpg and thats town use , so the 150cc version should do much the same
ok looks like in the uk we get more petrol in a gallon then US

uk= 88mpg US=66mpg

p.s petrol here is £1.18 litre at the moment
thats £5.25 ( $10.26 )a gallon uk and £4.46 US gallon ( $8.72 )
Wed May 28, 2008 8:29 am

Hooked
GTS269ie, 100 Sport (x2), Vespa 100
Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 159
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
 
Hooked
GTS269ie, 100 Sport (x2), Vespa 100
Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 159
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Wed May 28, 2008 8:29 am linkquote
Don't forget US Gallon vs UK Gallon

1 US gallon = 4.55 litres
1 UK gallon = 3.79 litres

H
Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:45 am

Addicted
Honda Shadow VLX (Fly 150 sold)
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 926
Location: Baton Rouge
 
Addicted
Honda Shadow VLX (Fly 150 sold)
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 926
Location: Baton Rouge
Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:45 am linkquote
Atomic Hank wrote:
Don't forget US Gallon vs UK Gallon

1 US gallon = 4.55 litres
1 UK gallon = 3.79 litres

H
It's the other way...

http://tinyurl.com/3hyp24
⬆️    About 5 months elapsed between posts    ⬇️
Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:43 am

Hooked
Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 229
Location: Brookline, MA
 
Hooked
Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 229
Location: Brookline, MA
Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:43 am linkquote
I know this is an old thread...

I've been getting 50mpg-55mpg on my fly 150

Please share you're average mpg on your fly 150, thanks
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:07 am

Addicted
Honda Shadow VLX (Fly 150 sold)
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 926
Location: Baton Rouge
 
Addicted
Honda Shadow VLX (Fly 150 sold)
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 926
Location: Baton Rouge
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:07 am linkquote
Liz wrote:
I know this is an old thread...

I've been getting 50mpg-55mpg on my fly 150

Please share you're average mpg on your fly 150, thanks
Average MPG on my Fly has been falling regularly. Got close to 80 on the first few tanks, now it's down ~ 45 MPG.
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:20 am

Hooked
Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 229
Location: Brookline, MA
 
Hooked
Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 229
Location: Brookline, MA
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:20 am linkquote
Louisiana_Geezer wrote:
Average MPG on my Fly has been falling regularly. Got close to 80 on the first few tanks, now it's down ~ 45 MPG.
That's a really steep drop! What year is your fly?
I bought my '08 Fly 150 used a few months ago
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:50 am

Molto Verboso
Fly 150, 2006 black
Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 1067
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Molto Verboso
Fly 150, 2006 black
Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 1067
Location: Toronto, Canada
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:50 am linkquote
Converting from km/l to MPG I get an average of 53MPG, I ride mostly in city stop and go. The best tank I've had was ~69MPG on an out of town ride.
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:56 am

Addicted
Honda Shadow VLX (Fly 150 sold)
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 926
Location: Baton Rouge
 
Addicted
Honda Shadow VLX (Fly 150 sold)
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 926
Location: Baton Rouge
Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:56 am linkquote
Liz wrote:
Louisiana_Geezer wrote:
Average MPG on my Fly has been falling regularly. Got close to 80 on the first few tanks, now it's down ~ 45 MPG.
That's a really steep drop! What year is your fly?
I bought my '08 Fly 150 used a few months ago
Mine's an 08 purchased new in June. I use premium fuel, BTW, as it appears to be a bit more lively than when I use Regular.
Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:40 am

Enthusiast
Piaggio Fly 125
Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 83
Location: Newcastle, UK
 
Enthusiast
Piaggio Fly 125
Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 83
Location: Newcastle, UK
Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:40 am linkquote
I know i get about 160miles/tank from my fly 125 - and that's me riding like a loonatic.
This can drop as low as 100 however if my tyres aren't fully pumped up.

I never expected it to drop that much, but when your tires are not fully pumped up, your engine has to push alot harder to get it going.
Friction and all that bamboozled stuff.
Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:52 am

Hooked
Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 229
Location: Brookline, MA
 
Hooked
Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Posts: 229
Location: Brookline, MA
Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:52 am linkquote
leyasu0 wrote:
I never expected it to drop that much, but when your tires are not fully pumped up, your engine has to push alot harder to get it going.
Friction and all that bamboozled stuff.
Thanks, I will be sure to check the tire pressure.
Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:57 am

Enthusiast
Piaggio Fly 125
Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 83
Location: Newcastle, UK
 
Enthusiast
Piaggio Fly 125
Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 83
Location: Newcastle, UK
Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:57 am linkquote
How short are your trips?
Because i notice my fuel gauge goes down a little bit everytime i start my bike up.
If your turning on/off all the time your scoot is sure to use more fuel.
Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 am

Addicted
Honda Shadow VLX (Fly 150 sold)
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 926
Location: Baton Rouge
 
Addicted
Honda Shadow VLX (Fly 150 sold)
Joined: 02 Jun 2008
Posts: 926
Location: Baton Rouge
Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 am linkquote
leyasu0 wrote:
How short are your trips?
Because i notice my fuel gauge goes down a little bit everytime i start my bike up.
If your turning on/off all the time your scoot is sure to use more fuel.
Trips are generally between 10 - 15 miles in a suburban setting - just a few traffic signals are involved.

The fuel gauge appears to be very inaccurate so I generally determine when it is time to refuel based upon the odometer. On average I try to fill to the 1.75 level so as to avoid the possibility of overflow.
Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:37 am

Member
Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 5
Location: Portland, OR
 
Member
Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 5
Location: Portland, OR
Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:37 am linkquote
2006 fly 150
So I have a 2006 Fly 150 and I average between 52-60MPG. 90% of my riding is in a very small town and I drive only 3 miles to each way to work. Also, any shops I go to are only 1-3 miles away, with major stop and go traffic. When I am two up I get about 52-54 MPG. I've been riding by myself lately and will get between 57-60 MPG. When I go on long rides on my days off (about 20-35 miles) I get about 60-62MPG. This MPG has been average ever since the day I bought it. I not too upset about it, its better than my Honda Accord !!!
Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:47 pm

Hooked
Fly 150 dragon red
Joined: 22 Jul 2008
Posts: 225
Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
 
Hooked
Fly 150 dragon red
Joined: 22 Jul 2008
Posts: 225
Location: Half Moon Bay, CA
Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:47 pm linkquote
My fly 150 is two yers old and I get similiar mileage as the above poster.

About 60-62 on longer rides, 56-58 with quick trips around town. I'm happy with that
Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Hooked
PIAGGIO FLY 150
Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 128
Location: SF Bay Area, Calif
 
Hooked
PIAGGIO FLY 150
Joined: 20 Jul 2008
Posts: 128
Location: SF Bay Area, Calif
Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:11 pm linkquote
I have a 2008 Fly 150.
My average mpg is 66.7..
I have been tracking it from the day I bought it new in July.
I have filled it 8 times and have about 750 miles on it now.
Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:04 pm

Member
'08 Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Posts: 21
Location: St. Louis, MO
 
Member
'08 Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Posts: 21
Location: St. Louis, MO
Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:04 pm linkquote
I ride about 100 miles per week, city commute (stop and go). At fill-up, I'm usually putting in 1.5 gallons of gas. That averages out to 66.6 mpg. I'm happy with that, especially since my other option is a Ford F150 that gets about 14 mpg.
Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:51 am

Member
Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 6
Location: Victoria, BC
 
Member
Joined: 08 May 2008
Posts: 6
Location: Victoria, BC
Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:51 am linkquote
I just did a quick approximate calculation and conversion, and I came out with ~53 mpg for my 2007 Fly 150 (with only 1250 km's on it).
⬆️    About 1 year elapsed between posts    ⬇️
Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:58 am

Enthusiast
2009 Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 52
Location: Arkansas
 
Enthusiast
2009 Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Posts: 52
Location: Arkansas
Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:58 am linkquote
This must be an awfully old thread by now, but I just got done measuring my MPG again; the first time in many months, and I was surprised and delighted to find that the numbers produced 79 MPG.

Last time I measured it, I got 55 MPG (which I was plenty happy with) so every time someone asks, that's what I say, but now I've got a different number to tell.
⬆️    About 5 months elapsed between posts    ⬇️
Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Hooked
2009 Piaggio Fly 50 2009 Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 09 Sep 2009
Posts: 292
Location: Alpha, Georgia
 
Hooked
2009 Piaggio Fly 50 2009 Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 09 Sep 2009
Posts: 292
Location: Alpha, Georgia
Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:08 pm linkquote
I get around 54 MPG on my FLY 50, but keep in mind i am 6' and 220lbs. :/
Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 41223
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
 
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 41223
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm linkquote
Oh dear.

5 months...

Don't make it a habit, FFS.
Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Hooked
09 MP3 500cc Reddevil, 2011 LX150 IE (Wifes) 2019 MP3 500cc Sport Nightrider (Mine)
Joined: 07 Nov 2009
Posts: 354
Location: Colorado Springs CO
 
Hooked
09 MP3 500cc Reddevil, 2011 LX150 IE (Wifes) 2019 MP3 500cc Sport Nightrider (Mine)
Joined: 07 Nov 2009
Posts: 354
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:39 pm linkquote
Try a lower ethanol gas. I use a lower ethanol gas in all my scooters. I get better gas mileage in my scooters. We have a Buddy 125cc, Vespa 150cc, & a MP3 250cc. All them get about 10 miles more per gal.
Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Molto Verboso
2003 ET4, 2005 LX 150, 1964 GS 160
Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Posts: 1488
Location: Maui Hawaii
 
Molto Verboso
2003 ET4, 2005 LX 150, 1964 GS 160
Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Posts: 1488
Location: Maui Hawaii
Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:42 pm linkquote
also dyna beads will help a bit on mpg

I have dyna beads in my burgman 400's tire and got 77 mpg from the trip 5,938.5 TX to CA, to WA, to Las Vegas, then back home... freeway all day 72-75mph on GPS. Last Sept
Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:44 pm

Member
2009 Piaggio Fly 150, 2006 Sym GTS Voyager
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
 
Member
2009 Piaggio Fly 150, 2006 Sym GTS Voyager
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 16
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:44 pm linkquote
Fuelly says I get 57mpg. Which I think is about right.
Im 6'2", 110kg, and have been known to 'ride it like I stole it' on more than one occassion.
Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Lurker
2009 Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Location: Charlotte,NC
 
Lurker
2009 Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Location: Charlotte,NC
Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:54 pm linkquote
Gas Mileage for Fly 150
I have a 2009 Piaggio Fly 150 and I get about 55 - 60 mpg. I'm about 200 lbs and I tend to ride hard here and there. Overall, this scooter is an awesome machine for the size. I'm in love and would still be in love if she only got 10 mpg!! Hmmmmmm.....ok, maybe not 10 but how about 35 mpg? Yea, I'd still love my scoot.
⬆️    About 3 years elapsed between posts    ⬇️
Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:12 am

Lurker
piaggio fly 150
Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Location: southern california
 
Lurker
piaggio fly 150
Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Location: southern california
Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:12 am linkquote
fly 150 mileage
I bought my 2006 fly 150 in 2009 with just a couple hundred miles on the odometer and have tracked my mileage religiously. I've been getting an average of only high 50s as well, so when I see the official 70 -75 mpg advertised I have to scoff. I don't suppose it's controlled officially as are cars' advertised mpg. I do live in a hilly area and do more than 50% of my driving in the city with frequent stops etc., plus I usually carry a back pack and probably have a total load of at least 170 pounds. It's not that much better than my honda insight which averages 42 mpg and takes regular gas. This combined with higher per mile maintenance costs than my car makes the scooter roughly the same cost to drive. I like my little fly but wish it had a bit more power. I've taken it on the freeway just a few times for a few exits, but felt like a "fly looking for a windshield" (no pun intended).
Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:53 am

Banned
PGO Buddy 150 "St Tropez" imported by Genuine scooter co.
Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Posts: 2469
Location: Charlotte
 
Banned
PGO Buddy 150 "St Tropez" imported by Genuine scooter co.
Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Posts: 2469
Location: Charlotte
Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:53 am linkquote
I realize I have a different machine(Buddy 150), but it's a carbed 150 and I get low 70's steadily.
Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:18 am

Hooked
vino 125 >> BV 500
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 182
Location: Upper Left Coast
 
Hooked
vino 125 >> BV 500
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 182
Location: Upper Left Coast
Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:18 am linkquote
crusty wrote:
I ride about 100 miles per week, city commute (stop and go). At fill-up, I'm usually putting in 1.5 gallons of gas. That averages out to 66.6 mpg. I'm happy with that, especially since my other option is a Ford F150 that gets about 14 mpg.
66.6 mpg I think you have SATAN'S scooter.
Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:34 am

Banned
Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 77

 
Banned
Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 77

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:34 am linkquote
Re: fly 150 mileage
mfdouce wrote:
I bought my 2006 fly 150 in 2009 with just a couple hundred miles on the odometer and have tracked my mileage religiously. I've been getting an average of only high 50s as well, so when I see the official 70 -75 mpg advertised I have to scoff. I don't suppose it's controlled officially as are cars' advertised mpg. I do live in a hilly area and do more than 50% of my driving in the city with frequent stops etc., plus I usually carry a back pack and probably have a total load of at least 170 pounds. It's not that much better than my honda insight which averages 42 mpg and takes regular gas. This combined with higher per mile maintenance costs than my car makes the scooter roughly the same cost to drive. I like my little fly but wish it had a bit more power. I've taken it on the freeway just a few times for a few exits, but felt like a "fly looking for a windshield" (no pun intended). :(
Have a 2009 Piaggio Fly 150 I am the only owner I bought it NEW.
I way 220 lbs with me only riding it, I get 84mpg to a gal of gas.I love this thing it will do 75 mph now that it has 0ver 3,000 miles on it and a new rear tire..Great machine I think.
Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Ossessionato
2010 ThunderFly 190, 2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E
Joined: 29 Apr 2011
Posts: 3113
Location: Springboro, OH
 
Ossessionato
2010 ThunderFly 190, 2007 250 GTS, 1980 P200E
Joined: 29 Apr 2011
Posts: 3113
Location: Springboro, OH
Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:51 pm linkquote
Re: fly 150 mileage
rayjkln wrote:
mfdouce wrote:
I bought my 2006 fly 150 in 2009 with just a couple hundred miles on the odometer and have tracked my mileage religiously. I've been getting an average of only high 50s as well, so when I see the official 70 -75 mpg advertised I have to scoff. I don't suppose it's controlled officially as are cars' advertised mpg. I do live in a hilly area and do more than 50% of my driving in the city with frequent stops etc., plus I usually carry a back pack and probably have a total load of at least 170 pounds. It's not that much better than my honda insight which averages 42 mpg and takes regular gas. This combined with higher per mile maintenance costs than my car makes the scooter roughly the same cost to drive. I like my little fly but wish it had a bit more power. I've taken it on the freeway just a few times for a few exits, but felt like a "fly looking for a windshield" (no pun intended).
Have a 2009 Piaggio Fly 150 I am the only owner I bought it NEW.
I way 220 lbs with me only riding it, I get 84mpg to a gal of gas.I love this thing it will do 75 mph now that it has 0ver 3,000 miles on it and a new rear tire..Great machine I think.
I have a 2010 Fly 150 that I have had since new as well now with over 6000 miles. I get about 60-65 mpg hauling my 200 lb butt can get to 60 mph. Top speed for me is 67 mph, to get to 75 I would have to be in a vertical dive from out of a plane.
Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Hooked
2001 et4150 bought in july 2012 with 5300 miles for $1400
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 244
Location: connecticut
 
Hooked
2001 et4150 bought in july 2012 with 5300 miles for $1400
Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 244
Location: connecticut
Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:38 pm linkquote
These numbers seem low to me. I track my MPG religiously on my ET4-150 and it is just under 70 mpg over about 1300 miles.....and I'm about 290 lbs and will go WOT if traffic calls for it. 55 mpg just doesn't seem right with a .15 liter motor.
⬆️    About 9 years elapsed between posts    ⬇️
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:19 pm

Enthusiast
Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 08 Apr 2021
Posts: 81
Location: Jackson, Calif.
 
Enthusiast
Piaggio Fly 150
Joined: 08 Apr 2021
Posts: 81
Location: Jackson, Calif.
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:19 pm linkquote
OK, reviving this old thread here, with my 2009 Fly 150 been averaging 52-58 mpg with mostly small town stop and go driving in a very hilly area. Best i got was on a run out to walmart and back of mostly flat highway driving in which i got 62 mpg. I am 6ft, 185lbs

My understanding is the 2nd gen flys with 3 valves and fuel injection are getting 70+ mpg.

Last edited by CaliScooterGuy on Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:31 pm

Hooked
2020 Liberty 150, 2020 MP3-500
Joined: 06 Oct 2020
Posts: 437
Location: Reno
 
Hooked
2020 Liberty 150, 2020 MP3-500
Joined: 06 Oct 2020
Posts: 437
Location: Reno
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:31 pm linkquote
Yes my 2019 150 liberty gets 65-70 mpg consistently
My wife's closer to 80 mpg, she's smaller in stature & lighter on the throttle
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:26 pm

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 11548
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
 
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 11548
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:26 pm linkquote
CaliScooterGuy wrote:
OK, reviving this old thread here, with my 2009 Fly 150 been averaging 52-58 mpg with mostly small town stop and go driving in a very hilly area. Best i got was on a run out to walmart and back of mostly flat highway driving in which i got 62 mpg. I am 6ft, 185lbs

My understanding is the 2nd gen flys with 3 valves and fuel injection are getting 70+ mpg.
that sounds fairly typical. are you concerned that your mpg is low?
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2022 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0491s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0268s) ][ Debug on ][ 211 ][ Thing One ]