OP
@exmayor avatar
UTC

Hooked
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 466
Location: Madison WI
 
Hooked
@exmayor avatar
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 466
Location: Madison WI
UTC quote
Good morning
I am considering an Allstate project for next winter. Since I'm 77 decided I wanted an 8" experience before I'm too old to ride safely.
I have two questions I have been unable to resolve on Google.
What was the last year of the split headset and when did they begin coming with rotary intake motors.
Thanks
Rick
@garncarz avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
1964 Allstate Cruisaire, 2022 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, 1972 Suzuki T500J
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1024
Location: York, PA (the intellectual center of the universe)
 
Molto Verboso
@garncarz avatar
1964 Allstate Cruisaire, 2022 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401, 1972 Suzuki T500J
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1024
Location: York, PA (the intellectual center of the universe)
UTC quote
I believe that '62 was the last year for split headset Allstates.
OP
@exmayor avatar
UTC

Hooked
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 466
Location: Madison WI
 
Hooked
@exmayor avatar
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 466
Location: Madison WI
UTC quote
garncarz wrote:
I believe that '62 was the last year for split headset Allstates.
Thank you.
@scootermarc69 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2101
Location: Santa Margarita,Ca.
 
Ossessionato
@scootermarc69 avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2101
Location: Santa Margarita,Ca.
UTC quote
I believe they were imported in '59 and sold until they ran out. Probably titled by the date of sale if at all as they were kinda considered farm implements at the time. Nothing to support this except for my fuzzy understanding that I am recalling from years ago when I titled one as a '59 for that reason. '58 was a handlebar model and I think 60 was a cast headset.
Also quite possible I'm talking out of my ass as I'm prone to do. Also one of the best looking large frames IMO. Horribly slow engines without much hope due to some unique design features. referred to as "the boat anchor' by those in the know.
@gickspeed avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2164
Location: Racing Capital of the World
 
Ossessionato
@gickspeed avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2164
Location: Racing Capital of the World
UTC quote
scootermarc69 wrote:
I believe they were imported in '59 and sold until they ran out. Probably titled by the date of sale if at all as they were kinda considered farm implements at the time. Nothing to support this except for my fuzzy understanding that I am recalling from years ago when I titled one as a '59 for that reason. '58 was a handlebar model and I think 60 was a cast headset.
Also quite possible I'm talking out of my ass as I'm prone to do. Also one of the best looking large frames IMO. Horribly slow engines without much hope due to some unique design features. referred to as "the boat anchor' by those in the know.
55-57 known at the Tri-Five years; 2-port powered Widebody (WB) power plant in a WB chassis. 58-59/60 ran a piston ported large frame (LF) engine in a LF chassis. starting around 1960 came out the rotary valve induction power plant in a LF chassis.

probably 60ish for the cast headset.

I think the baby blue Allstate with rotary valve, split headset, 1-piece front fender, are absolutely F*ing lovely.
OP
@exmayor avatar
UTC

Hooked
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 466
Location: Madison WI
 
Hooked
@exmayor avatar
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 466
Location: Madison WI
UTC quote
GickSpeed wrote:
55-57 known at the Tri-Five years; 2-port powered Widebody (WB) power plant in a WB chassis. 58-59/60 ran a piston ported large frame (LF) engine in a LF chassis. starting around 1960 came out the rotary valve induction power plant in a LF chassis.

probably 60ish for the cast headset.

I think the baby blue Allstate with rotary valve, split headset, 1-piece front fender, are absolutely F*ing lovely.
Thanks Jonathan
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9623
Location: seattle/athens
 
Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
Joined: UTC
Posts: 9623
Location: seattle/athens
UTC quote
I agree w/ Jonathon and I like where this is going, you are the guy to spend the time and money to do it up right! I have some split headset parts and most of an original largeframe piston port motor that might help out if you go this route.

Popcorn emoticon
OP
@exmayor avatar
UTC

Hooked
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 466
Location: Madison WI
 
Hooked
@exmayor avatar
64 V90 survivor '65 Allstate survivor. '75 V90 SOLD. '77 P200 SOLD
Joined: UTC
Posts: 466
Location: Madison WI
UTC quote
V oodoo wrote:
I agree w/ Jonathon and I like where this is going, you are the guy to spend the time and money to do it up right! I have some split headset parts and most of an original largeframe piston port motor that might help out if you go this route.

Popcorn emoticon
Thanks Terry
I'll let you know how things are moving along.
UTC

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1981
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 1962 Allstate, Yamaha Vino 70cc
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1981
Location: Philadelphia
UTC quote
exmayor wrote:
Thanks Terry
I'll let you know how things are moving along.
I probably have the rest of the split headset parts that Terry doesn't have
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0131s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0046s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]