@strawberrysoda avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech

Hooked
@strawberrysoda avatar
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech
UTC quote
So I recently replaced the stock seat on my GTS SuperTech with the solo sport seat from the Sei Giorni because I really like the look of it and thought it might be ever-so-slightly more comfortable. Or, if not more comfortable, then at least just as comfortable as the stock seat.

Well, I went for a ride today to test it out and, for the first 60-90 minutes, I was actually pretty pleased. It definitely felt different than the stock seat, but it wasn't bad. In fact, I felt nicely situated and didn't experience any major discomfort.

After that, though……OOF. It felt like I was sitting on a cinder block. The seat really started to dig in and I felt like I had no where to go — if I moved backwards, I was right on the big hump and, if I moved forwards, I was awkwardly scrunched up against the handlebars. And, either way, the seat still felt like a rock. On the stock SuperTech seat, meanwhile, I can move between a few slightly different positions that give me enough relief to not become cripplingly uncomfortable on longer trips. With the Sei Giorni seat, though, the best I could do was move my feet all the way back which provided momentary relief but nowhere near enough to comfortably get through my 4 hour, 50 mile trip. By the time I got back, I was DONE.

So I ask — is there any hope for this seat? Will it break in at all and get any more comfortable, or is this as good as it's going to get? I'm very close to putting my original seat back on, but I really want to like the Sei Giorni seat because it looks so good.

(For clarity, this is NOT the solo gel seat as that one unfortunately doesn't fit the newer GTS models).
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
I use a sheepskin pad on both the standard seat and the solo seat on my '15 GTS (an Alaska Buttpad). I have put quite a few miles on each of them and find the solo seat at least as comfortable as the double seat. To each his own, of course.
@jurko avatar
UTC

2020 Vespa 300 GTV

@jurko avatar
2020 Vespa 300 GTV
UTC quote
I can empathize. The seat on my Sei Giorni was extremely uncomfortable, especially as I tend to shift position a lot while riding. I ended up swapping saddles, taking the standard one from my wife's GTS (with her permission). That seems to work for us, though I'm using an Airhawk cushion and a Harley-Davidson foam pad, which looks somewhat ridiculous. Hope you find a solution.

https://motorcycledays.com/2021/03/14/it-looks-good-and-rides-perfect-but-that-saddle-will-have-to-go-my-ass-is-killing-me/
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@grouper avatar
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS 300 hpe Touring

Hooked
@grouper avatar
2020 GTS 300 hpe Touring
UTC quote
I am keeping the double seat for exactly the reasons you said. At 6'5" I occasionally like to slide all the way back until my butt touches the rear rack. It's a big relief to sit that way for a few minutes.
@spdtwn avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250 & Sei Giorni 300 HPE

Hooked
@spdtwn avatar
MP3 250 & Sei Giorni 300 HPE
UTC quote
I really love the look of the Sei Giorni and, like you, the look of the seat. I also share your pain! The Airhawk too is my solution. I can shift my bum around on the little air pockets to relieve the pressure points. As Jurko says, it's not the best of fashion statements.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0127s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0048s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]