OP
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
A long time since I have been on the site, Hello JimC and Alice, I visited a Vespa dealer yesterday with a view of buying a GTS300 and trading in one of my 4 Honda's to do the deal.
Honda's are changing what they do in the UK because of supply problems and it seems Piaggio are also altering their ordering system making this dealer consider options as he does not want to pay upfront in September for new stock.
Hopefully I will soon be the owner of a White GTS300, are their any recalls I should be aware of.
@touring300 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento

Ossessionato
@touring300 avatar
GTS 300ie Touring 2013 - Signora D'argento
UTC quote
Hi there, I've not been here as long as you, but welcome back anyway.

If you are buying brand new, you should be 'OK' and free of faults.

There's been 2 recalls that I'm aware of with the new HPE engine. Some 2019 models had a front brake issue which was remedied with a recall. More recently, a batch produced during 2021 had faulty fuel pumps installed, leading to unexpected engine stalling. Owners of affected bikes are currently getting notified by Piaggio to get a replacement fuel pump fitted (under warranty) by their nearest agent.

Apart from that the HPE is proving a very reliable, successful and popular upgrade for the GTS.

Best of luck with your purchase.
@super-fly avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS300ie

Molto Verboso
@super-fly avatar
Vespa GTS300ie
UTC quote
I think all the dealers in uk are having stock problems at the moment.

Don't forget the oil consumption and dipstick problems on the HPE
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Waves at Dave! Long time no see. If you're buying a new 300, consider also getting a sight-glass oil sump cover, it'll save much future frustration.

Many many moons ago, spannerman (Dave) was the one who got me really interested in taking an Advanced Riding course, for which I'm still very grateful. A public 'Thanks Again'.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0205s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0079s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]