UTC

Lurker
Vespa gts super

Lurker
@jazmaz65 avatar
Vespa gts super
UTC quote
Hi all,
I have a GTS125 iGet. It's a 2019, done 4200km, serviced and run in properly. It's recently started making a hellish rattle that I can't put my finger on. It seems to be worse at tick over, but the scoot is running fine- no loss of power, fluid levels are all fine. I did read that it might be the exhaust gasket, but that is on the opposite side.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
A little bit of roller rattle at tickover is not unusual.

Welcome to MV
@baba12 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring

Molto Verboso
@baba12 avatar
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
UTC quote
Could be transmission related, but check your rear brake caliper, maybe the pin has popped out and the brake pads are rattling. I have had that issue. The sound came from the transmission side but it was the pads clanking and you hear the rattle when riding under 20mph. Hopefully through process of elimination you will figure out the problem at hand.
OP
@jazmaz65 avatar
UTC

Lurker
Vespa gts super

Lurker
@jazmaz65 avatar
Vespa gts super
UTC quote
Had a better look this evening, found some oil on top of the engine under the air intake. It sounds like a tractor, but still running fine. I will phone the workshop on Tuesday to see what they say. My geared Vespa two stroke is hopefully going to be MOTd tomorrow, so I will use that until I can get it down to the workshop. Thanks for the advice though, I am starting to understand the auto a bit better now after having years of 2 strokes
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0108s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0047s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]