@spirovision avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS super 300

Hooked
@spirovision avatar
GTS super 300
UTC quote
The provincial license bureau for vehicles offers a half day '' refresher'' course in cooperation with the FMQ (Quebec motorcycle federation). It is a real forward thinking strategy and program. Their aim is to reduce the number of accidents and increase rider safety. the fees are reimbursed if you fill out an online survey.
Mostly slow speed maneuvering, counter balance, curve trajectory, and emergency braking. I guess could be considered MSF course lite.
I took the course in the rain. It was a great course and it was excellent to practice and learn more about riding my vespa, correcting bad habits, learning good habits and practices and increasing my confidence and abilities.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by Spirovision on UTC; edited 1 time
@abner_bjorn avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 GT200, 2008 Yamaha C3, 2009 BV250

Molto Verboso
@abner_bjorn avatar
2007 GT200, 2008 Yamaha C3, 2009 BV250
UTC quote
Our scooter group just did one of those in May. Be sure to hit your insurance provider up for a safety course discount.
@harbinger avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@harbinger avatar
2023 Arancia Impulsivo Vespa GTS300 HPE , 2022 BMW R1250GSA 40th Anniversary, 2019 Ural Gear Up
UTC quote
The courses are well worth taking and I've done all the advanced courses offered here. What's really important is to put in practice what you learned and to actually go out and ride. In North America it is really easy to get a motorbike license so the extra courses are a very good idea.
UTC

Hooked
2020 Piaggio Liberty S 150, 2016 Vespa GTV300ie, 2009 Yamaha C3

Hooked
UTC quote
I would love it if they offered such a thing around here. I suppose I could re-take the MSF (it's free in my state), but even though I took it on a MC and passed, I would really prefer to focus on non-clutch-related things since I don't have any intent of riding a MC again.

Even though I've logged over 5k scooter miles since getting my M endorsement, I still have issues with slow-speed turns, especially to the right (for some bizarre reason). Reminding myself to look up and through my turns helps, but I'm sure a refresher course would do me a world of good.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Abner_Bjorn wrote:
Our scooter group just did one of those in May. Be sure to hit your insurance provider up for a safety course discount.
Can I just say, I have a C3 too, and that sucker is the MOST fun little thing to ride!!!!!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0090s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0020s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]