@strawberrysoda avatar
UTC

Hooked
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech

Hooked
@strawberrysoda avatar
2022 GTS 300 SuperTech
UTC quote
For folks who live in or near-ish Boston, where do you like to ride?

I live in NYC right now, but might be moving to Boston next year so I'm looking to get a sense of where I might ride should life take me there. I lived in Boston from 2009-2016 so the city isn't new to me per se, however, I got around exclusively by bike, foot, and T so I have no knowledge of good scooter/motorcycle routes.

As a side note, what are some good Vespa dealerships/mechanics in the area?

Appreciate any and all recommendations!
@grouper avatar
UTC

Hooked
2020 GTS 300 hpe Touring

Hooked
@grouper avatar
2020 GTS 300 hpe Touring
UTC quote
I have never been there but a quick look at Google Earth shows a pretty little coastal highway that goes along Lynn Shore Reservation and Red Rock Park. Then you can ride it all the way out into the bay to Nahant. I love water so that's one place I would want to ride. Get to know the Google Earth app. You can explore the entire world.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
I have lived in Boston, though it has been a while. I did like the ride up to Nahant, or even a longer ride up to Marblehead. I also enjoyed the rides through the smaller towns out to Wellesley or to Concord.
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
I have driven into Boston several times and got lost every time. While in college I drove in to arrange a drive-away car. I got lost, of course, so stopped at a fire station to ask directions. A fireman told me to drive down the road, turn right, and ask someone there.

A different story I heard was from a guy who lived and worked in Boston but was visiting Flagstaff, where I was working at a rental place. One day a cabbie stopped him to ask where someplace was. He told the cabbie that if he was walking he could just cross the Common and down there, but if you're driving he didn't know how to get there.
The cabbie turned to his passenger and said "Get out".
@shebalba avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125

Molto Verboso
@shebalba avatar
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125
UTC quote
I grew up there, and while I got into motorcycles after I moved west, I did a lot of cycling there.

I suggest getting out of downtown and heading through Cambridge out to the Lexington, Concord-Carlisle, Lincoln areas.

Beautiful country roads and you're guaranteed to pass something of historic significance.
@miguel avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@miguel avatar
2009 GTV250 (Gone), 2003 Inder trailer (also gone), 2001 BMW R1100RT
UTC quote
I also grew up in Boston, Medford really, just 6 or so miles north of Boston. I also left for the West Coast and haven't lived therefor decades. But I had some great ride though the Medford woods, up into Stoneham and Winchester. The North Shore north of Revere and Lynn along the ocean are great areas ride, especially when its hot and muggy because the Atlantic keeps the air cool along the coast.

New Hampshire and Maine are famous for fun riding but I've not done any of that.

Best
Miguel
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
Miguel wrote:
The North Shore north of Revere and Lynn along the ocean are great areas ride, especially when its hot and muggy because the Atlantic keeps the air cool along the coast.

New Hampshire and Maine are famous for fun riding but I've not done any of that.
The area around Newburyport just South of the New Hampshire border is beautiful and fun. Good side roads in that area for riding.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0092s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0017s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]