OP
UTC

Lurker
150 primavera 2015

Lurker
150 primavera 2015
UTC quote
Vespa Primavera 150

My seat will not open when the button on the front is pressed. There's normally a sound which is associated with power which releases the lock just before the lock releases. There's now no such sound and no "click" feeling- the button is just soft when pressed so I'm sure no power is getting there There's a manual release in the glove box so I am able to release the seat.

The Vespa is starting as normal so I guess the battery is not dead.

Although it did completely lose all power instantaneously whilst driving the other day in the middle of the road which was very weird. I left it for a minute and then it restarted reasonably OK.

I'm also sure I'm getting mild electric shocks from the metal part of the handlebars immediately next to the left brake handle

All very strange and I'm not sure if they're all connected. The bike is reasonably maintained and only a few years old.

Any advice welcome

Danny
@wbdvt avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super

Molto Verboso
@wbdvt avatar
'16 Sprint S 150, 2 x '06 GTS 250, '12 GTS 300, '74 Vespa 150 Super
UTC quote
Did you check fuse? If good, then I'm thinking a wire came off the switch or the switch went bad. I think you need to remove leg shield to access back of switch. You can then verify if wires still attached. Then test for voltage across wires. If good, then test for continuity across switch.

If all ok, then need to test solenoid that operates to open seat
@billrush avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie

Addicted
@billrush avatar
Vespa Primavera 50 (sold), 2021 Vespa Sprint 150 (sold), 2022 Sei Giorni 300ie
UTC quote
On My Sprint 150 the seat also opens with the key fob. Does yours? Since I don't know your model year, I don't know if you have a key Fob.
OP
UTC

Lurker
150 primavera 2015

Lurker
150 primavera 2015
UTC quote
Hi Rob
It's 2015
On this model there's a separate black button in the front only to open the seat.
Te key goes in a separate button to open the glove box. There's a latch inside the glove box to open the seat, if power is lost.

So I'm OK opening the seat but not in the proper way - but something is wrong somewhere
OP
UTC

Lurker
150 primavera 2015

Lurker
150 primavera 2015
UTC quote
W b d v t
Thanks
May be beyond a non mechanic such as myself but I may well try your suggestions before taking to a mechanic. At least I'll learn something trying.
Many thanks
@gtdespatchcourier avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Xevo 250 ie

Molto Verboso
@gtdespatchcourier avatar
Xevo 250 ie
UTC quote
The button contact might be rusty. Try pressing the button 50 times to clean the rust.
OP
UTC

Lurker
150 primavera 2015

Lurker
150 primavera 2015
UTC quote
Exactly that - I pressed it 40 times and indeed it's now working!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0574s ][ Queries: 10 (0.0304s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]