UTC

Enthusiast
P200E

Enthusiast
@shampoo avatar
P200E
UTC quote
Hi

I can get the lock to lock.. That is, I can turn the key which prevents me from pushing the button all the way in.. I can lift the seat and drop it in place. The issue is that when I lock the seat, I am still able to push the button on the lock enough to be able to lift the seat.

Is the lock finished or can I adjust the position of the seat to get the lock to actually prevent the seat from lifting.

Thanks
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
UTC quote
shampoo wrote:
Is the lock finished or can I adjust the position of the seat to get the lock to actually prevent the seat from lifting.
It's almost surely just a seat position problem. I have always had to fiddle a bit with the seat install to make sure it latches well on the seat post. Loosen the front hing bolts just enough so you can slide it with a little pressure and you'll find the sweet spot in no time
OP
@shampoo avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
P200E

Enthusiast
@shampoo avatar
P200E
UTC quote
That was it. Thanks!

After several attempts, I can get it to the point where it will definitely lock, but requires some effort to open it.. Not hammer and chisel effort, but you gotta yank on it.

Trying to reduce that always ended up with it not locking. So it's a question of mm's and I think also when tightening the bolts, it moves a little..

Anyhow, thanks again.
@sdjohn avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'15 GTS300, '86 PX125EFL, '66 VBB, '01 ET4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdjohn avatar
'15 GTS300, '86 PX125EFL, '66 VBB, '01 ET4
UTC quote
sometimes you need an extra washer or two under the post to get the height matched up and this will let the latch have more free space to disengage.
@bobo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP

Ossessionato
@bobo avatar
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP
UTC quote
I had to stick a washer under mine when I changed the seat. Bit of a job pulling the tank, etc. Also, a bit of lube on the latch under the seat doesn't go astray.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0464s ][ Queries: 8 (0.0204s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]