OP
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
Somewhere along the 30-odd-mile ride during yesterday's Vespa Parade, I briefly reflected on the struggle/debacle of last year for me, and what kept me from diving into a deep funk (although I had a few Mariana Trench moments, thankfully quite brief as well). I have a rep among friends and family for being a stalwart "guarded optimist", and I think that part of me has had a strong hand in getting me through many a tough spot in my life…the notion that, if I hang in there just a bit longer, I'll move into better climes. The ride, with so many others, was just one part of the proof.

In fact, the entire week brought this home: Meeting on Monday with a new IT client who had patiently waited while I was getting things back together so I could ride out to her (Bayside, Queens is no joke commuting from my little town); catching up with a few more clients later in the week, and having a good time kibitzing with them over stuff in general; meeting and talking bikes n' stuff with Spurgeon Dunbar at RevZilla's Brooklyn store at their Grand Opening on Friday, and hanging with the store's terrific staff.

And, this evening: the (heavy) rain had finally stopped, and I'd just finished installing the new 50-inch flat-screen to replace the one that died suddenly over a week ago (just before Le Wife was to take off for a two-week photo-art residency in Rochester…she watches stuff way more than me, so she'll be happy upon her return). Need to hit Wegmans for a few things to cook up dinner, so I walked out and wiped down Thelonica, grabbed helmet/gloves/jacket and rode over…then quickly turned back, on account of forgetting my wallet. The errand was a quick one, but with an extra touch: I found Nica perfectly framed inside a rainbow.

Woody Allen famously said (although the actual number he quoted is in some dispute) that 75% of success is just showing up. It's not a bad metaphor for life in general.
"If I live to see the seven wonders, I'll make a path to the rainbow's end."
"If I live to see the seven wonders, I'll make a path to the rainbow's end."
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Clap emoticon Clap emoticon Clap emoticon
@kz1000st avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250

Molto Verboso
@kz1000st avatar
Dongfang 170cc, CF Moto Fashion 250
UTC quote
Better be careful. You're becoming the Steve Williams of this forum. Is there a Himalayan in your future?
UTC

Hooked
2001 ET4 "Mona"

Hooked
2001 ET4 "Mona"
UTC quote
amateriat wrote:
Woody Allen famously said (although the actual number he quoted is in some dispute) that 75% of success is just showing up. It's not a bad metaphor for life in general.
Damn straight! I'd set the percentage at 90. Keep goin' Amateriat. I enjoy your posts.
OP
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
UTC quote
kz1000ST wrote:
Better be careful. You're becoming the Steve Williams of this forum. Is there a Himalayan in your future?
Steve is a (fantastic) entity unto himself. His inspiration pretty much spurs my own, that's all.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0156s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0059s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]