@ocart avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS

Hooked
@ocart avatar
Vespa GTS
UTC quote
I recently saw a Reddit post (yeah, highly reliable info) about a guy in England who put in a LiFePO4 Battery Powerwall to buy off-peak electricity to power his home during the daytime peak hours. He estimated a four year payback. This was the first I'd ever heard of that idea and it makes better financial sense to me than solar.

Anyone doing it?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
It would take all the equipment needed for solar, except the panels, which these days are not the most expensive part of a solar installation. However, a huge part of the population live in housing where solar just isn't feasible - apartments etc.

So yes, it's not a bad idea, and a better investment of capital than most others. It does all depend on the relative difference between peak and off-peak prices and times. For me in the UK (with outfoxthe market.com, totally renewable supply) the night-rate hours are 1:00am – 8:00am in the winter and 2:00am – 9:00am in the summer. The price for me is 21p/kWh night-time, 30p/kWh daytime, with a 41p/day connection charge.

So there's a 9p per kWh difference for me in the UK - the inefficiencies of the battery storage and retrieval would probably eat most of that up, so a no-no for me.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0105s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0028s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]