OP
UTC

Piaggio MP3 500

Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
Master MIA, keys under seat. I saw the locked previous thread about the cable. Is it the same on a 2021 MP3 500 sport advanced?
OP
UTC

Piaggio MP3 500

Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
BTW I don't see any cable.
UTC

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
UTC quote
Just posting to let you know that someone on the internet is working to help find a solution.

I've checked the Parts Piaggio catalog for 2021 model for a clue on where the cable runs but as yet don't see it listed anywhere or an idea of its location. All other queries lead back to this forum. Weirdly I can find pictures of the cable on Ebay which at least confirms there should be a cable you can locate and pull manually somewhere.

Just a wild guess, but check along the left side between the plastic body panels and storage compartment. The parts diagram indicate the seat lock actuator is oriented that such a cable would be somewhere on the left side under the coachwork plastic.

Are you certain you cannot just use the electric button to open it? I have a 2016 model and the electric actuator button on the dashboard works even when the key is not in the ignition. I can walk up to the bike, open the seat, then re-latch it all without the key so long as the bike is not in the steering-lock position and the battery isn't dead. If the 2021 cannot do this then I guess Piaggio changed the system enough that this wont work.
OP
UTC

Piaggio MP3 500

Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
The 2021 incorporated a steering column lock and deactivation of the electronic actuator. I'm in a real pinch. Probably have to take off from work tomorrow and figure this out.
OP
UTC

Piaggio MP3 500

Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
Tow truck to the Locksmith $180.00
Locksmith to unlock only, no key $150.00

Two days, one day off work.

Lesson, keep a close eye on your master key.

BTW why can't the Master have any holes for keychains?

I will update if everything goes alright at locksmith, they're promising it tomorrow.
UTC

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
UTC quote
If that's your only key its probably worth looking into getting it cloned.

Glad to hear you got a solution even if it was expensive. I fortunately have both keys, the master key stays home or in a zipped pocket and the other is used to run the bike.

That mechanical cable must be on the bike somewhere, I want to locate it just the same.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0448s ][ Queries: 9 (0.0212s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]