OP
UTC

Enthusiast
2021 Primavera 150 75th

Enthusiast
2021 Primavera 150 75th
UTC quote
I wont' get into the backstory, but my local dealer and I won't do work together. As such, for simple things like oil changes and wheel maintenance I want to do it myself. FOr warranty work i will trailer it 3 hours to the next dealer.

What lifts do people use for their Vespa's and why? I'm in Canada so I want something readily available up here.

Thanks!
@shebalba avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125

Molto Verboso
@shebalba avatar
2009 GTS250, Ducati Monster M900, KTM 390 Adventure, Honda CR125
UTC quote
I think a lot of folks use the Harbor Freight lift. Not sure if this can be easily obtained in Canada.

I built one (and I'm by no means Bob Vila) based on a few different plans I saw on the interwebs.

I went overboard with the wheel chock, and had to buy a ramp, both have come in handy for other purposes... but otherwise it was fairly inexpensive.

What I like about the table is the under storage. I can also just stand it up when not in use if I need to reduce it's footprint in my garage. I could have made it lower and smaller, but this is what I ended up with.

I added casters which came in handy when needing to rotate for better lighting or if I wanted to start/run it outside.

Right now I'm using it as a coffee bar in attempts to perfect espresso.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
UTC quote
I use an air operated table lift from Pro Cycle. It's been a back saver for me. I chose the Pro Cycle because I work on everything from Scooters to heavy motorcycles. It lowers to about 6" off the floor and has a ramp to make loading easy. When raised, it will go as high as about 32" (table height). I've been using this lift for about 15 years and I've had absolutely no issues with the lifting mechanism or the wheel vise. I just lube the pneumatic cylinder every couple years.
UTC

Hooked
Racing Sixties 300, Cub, Gold Wing, Can Am

Hooked
Racing Sixties 300, Cub, Gold Wing, Can Am
UTC quote
I use a Kendon stand up lift table, air powered. Since it's narrow I made two wing tables so I could ride large touring motorcycles onto it.

If I was only looking to service a scooter I too would build a table. Because I like working from a roller stool mine would be about half the height of Shebalba's but the basic construction would be the same.If building a table determine height based on your own height and working style.
@adri avatar
UTC

Atypical Canadian
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie

Atypical Canadian
@adri avatar
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
UTC quote
I used a Harbor Freight one, easy for me to get because I just borrowed a truck and drove to Niagara Falls from Toronto. Bit more of a mission for you in Edmonton.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

Here's a link about how I customized it: https://youmotorcycle.com/diy-motorcycle-table-lift-side-extensions.html

Then I upgraded to a Black Widow Pro Extra Wide Motorcycle lift. Truthfully, it's overkill for a scooter, but she's wide enough that I can also use it for servicing my snow blower, the extended family's ATVs, and other toys, etc. I even got the front extension for it so it can fit choppers.

This lift: https://bit.ly/3yadY8z

However, if you don't need the extra wide size, in other words, this is strictly for light motorcycles you can push up easily, for almost 1/3rd the price you can get the base model: https://bit.ly/3nyAHpU

I'm a clumsy worker and have spilled DOT4 brake fluid on this lift probably a dozen times, it's kind of absurd how well it's held up. Just spray a little Goo-Gone and wipe and the thing always looks new.

Zero maintenance or issues in 4+ years of ownership so far.
@papagirl avatar
UTC

'21 Vespa Sprint 50

@papagirl avatar
'21 Vespa Sprint 50
UTC quote
Alberta Cycle I assume?
Yeg wrote:
I wont' get into the backstory, but my local dealer and I won't do work together. As such, for simple things like oil changes and wheel maintenance I want to do it myself. FOr warranty work i will trailer it 3 hours to the next dealer.

What lifts do people use for their Vespa's and why? I'm in Canada so I want something readily available up here.

Thanks!
@aiosi avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 Vespa PX 150 Serie America #107 of 500

Hooked
@aiosi avatar
2005 Vespa PX 150 Serie America #107 of 500
UTC quote
Buzzard wrote:
I use a Kendon stand up lift table, air powered.
+1 on the Kendon lift.
It's nice to have height adjustability when you're working on something like the rear shock - going back and forth from above to below.
It does have a handle to pump it up if you don't want to fire up the compressor in the middle of the night and wake the neighbors.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0113s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0025s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]