Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:20 am

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:20 am linkquote
Hi All,
New build here, got the project in bits with both a VNA and a Sprint engine. Came with a two piece handlebar
Had a look thru this forum and found lots of hints
So here goes.

VNA questions
----------------
FRAME
1. There is a code INSIDE the frame cowl, starting with E - what does it mean and how to decode it
2. How is the speedo held in place? Can't see it in the parts list
3. Where the locking lever for the cowl goes thru the frame, there seems to be remains of a alloy bush? Looks like a butcher job as the original is meant to have nylon bushes, like this https://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/Hardware_2/83113
but this one has no bushes
https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/lock-lever-engine-side-right-side-panel_PV1504?q=lock%20lever
4. what is this for https://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/Hardware_3/242092
is it supposed to be welded or bolted in ?
5. in the phots, you can see lots of holes in the back mudguard. i think there are only supposed to be 5 3 for the tailight and 2 for the number plate holder
6. how far does the wiring tube extend into the frame?
7. The holes for the brake switch are in front of the lever, not underneath. Is it meant to be the always open or always closed type?

ENGINE ( VNA2 code)
1. SIP sells replacement pistons that are 54mm, but my sizes are 57mm. What gives?
2. I can't find any one with parts for the UA carb for . The slide and slide spring are missing
3. Are all the bearings/seals interchangable with the sprint motor?
4. are the 3 and 4 speed versions of this the same? https://www.scooter-center.com/en/drive-shaft-predieri-abbate-vespa-wideframe-vn-vl-vb1-3333299?number=3333299 or https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/295055569535?hash=item44b2aeb27f:g:uSEAAOSwvmteAJS~
5. the factory kickstart is supposed to be semi-toothed?















Last edited by Aircobra on Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:39 am

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3052
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
 
Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3052
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:39 am linkquote
https://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/Carb-Gasket-Kits/CGUA16

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/float-needle-dell-orto-carburettor-ua16s1_40292140?q=Ua16

https://www.officinatonazzo.it/carburettor-manifold-and-other-parts-gasket-set-carburetor-ua16si-ub16-se-for-vespa-vna1t-2t.2.15.84.gp.4019.uw

I have a 1959 Allstate I've been collecting parts for as I find them. I haven't run across a source of parts for these carburetors. Someone does make an adapter to fit a new carburetor. I just can't remember who I'll look a bit more.

Someone may have mixed and matched parts, I think that's a 150 piston, maybe someone bored out factory cylinder or changed cylinders? I have contemplated buying one and seeing if it would fit my 125 as a big bore kit.

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/piston-meteor-2o-s_19432000?q=Piston

Last edited by Christopher_55934 on Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:34 am

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:34 am linkquote
do you have one of these carbs? can you send me a photo of the slider?
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:15 am

Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 4392
Location: That bushfire place
 
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 4392
Location: That bushfire place
Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:15 am linkquote
1. How about some photos of the "E"
2. Photos of what you mean
3 onwards... how about a few photos for those that don't have imagination.
4. It goes n below seat & stops air flow and things

Ohh,by any chance is that pic showing there is no floor/cowl on your scoot? If not, did you add something between front of seat & top of steering column to ensure everything stays in place?
What does the rest of the frame look like?
Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:09 am

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:09 am linkquote
added a couple more pics. there was rust places which i have now cut out





Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:42 am

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3052
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
 
Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3052
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:42 am linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
do you have one of these carbs? can you send me a photo of the slider?
I do have one, it's on a running scooter. I could pull mine apart if you have a specific dimension your trying to match. Here are some pictures from internet and a few references. You'll notice drawing is the same for several size carburetors , not sure if they all used same slide with a larger area bored out? If so one of the links has a slide for a 19mm version.

You might try getting in contact with a few places linked below and ask, would be interesting to know what they tell you.

http://blackwidowmotorsports.net/_18468_dellorto_slide_valve_ua19s.html

https://www.dellortoshop.com/drawings/dellorto_ua_ma_exploded_view_drawing.jpg

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/dellorto-ua16s-to-ua19s-conversion.84831/

https://www.scooter-center.com/en/Drawings/show/vehicleID/2884/drawID/X_DELLORTO-UA-BS_15-16-18-19_TAFEL01













Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:14 pm

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:14 pm linkquote
tried them all. the whole UA series seems to be under supported compare to other types, such as the Si
no one's got jack
the bore size is 22mm
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:38 pm

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3052
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
 
Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3052
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:38 pm linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
tried them all. the whole UA series seems to be under supported compare to other types, such as the Si
no one's got jack
the bore size is 22mm
That doesn't makes since they don't even list a 22mm bore. Where are you measuring?
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:33 pm

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 1101
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 1101
Location: Philadelphia
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:33 pm linkquote
1. E code is a mystery. Pretty sure they all have them and don't mean much. Must have been a factory thing maybe? Way to keep them in order before the vin was stamped maybe?

2. The speedo is held in place by a piece of metal that fits under the speedo. There's a nut that you tighten to keep it in place. I'll post a pic of it below…

6. Which wiring tube? For the brake light wires? That goes all the way from near where the shock mount is all the way to the middle hole for the tail light.

7. The switch is closed until you step on the brake pedal which then opens and lets the power through. Not sure which term that makes it being though but that's how it operates.


This is what holds the speedo in

Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:42 pm

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3052
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
 
Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 3052
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:42 pm linkquote
FridayMatinee wrote:
1. E code is a mystery. Pretty sure they all have them and don't mean much. Must have been a factory thing maybe? Way to keep them in order before the vin was stamped maybe?

2. The speedo is held in place by a piece of metal that fits under the speedo. There's a nut that you tighten to keep it in place. I'll post a pic of it below…

6. Which wiring tube? For the brake light wires? That goes all the way from near where the shock mount is all the way to the middle hole for the tail light.

7. The switch is closed until you step on the brake pedal which then opens and lets the power through. Not sure which term that makes it being though but that's how it operates.
#7 is it grounded? With power from coil going to ground when closed? Then when open ground is taken away and bulb lights?
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:46 pm

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 1101
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 1101
Location: Philadelphia
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:46 pm linkquote
Christopher_55934 wrote:
#7 is it grounded? With power from coil going to ground when closed? Then when open ground is taken away and bulb lights?
It is grounded. There's 2 wires that run to it. Blue and black. The switch grounds via that black wire being connected to one of the tabs then there's brass around where the screws go to ground it back to the frame. So yes exactly how you described. Step on the pedal and that opens the plunger in the switch which removes the ground contact allowing the brake light to be illuminated.
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:14 pm

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:14 pm linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
Hi All,
New build here, got the project in bits with both a VNA and a Sprint engine. Came with a two piece handlebar
Had a look thru this forum and found lots of hints
So here goes.

VNA questions
----------------
FRAME
1. There is a code INSIDE the frame cowl, starting with E - what does it mean and how to decode it
2. How is the speedo held in place? Can't see it in the parts list
3. Where the locking lever for the cowl goes thru the frame, there seems to be remains of a alloy bush? Looks like a butcher job as the original is meant to have nylon bushes, like this https://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/Hardware_2/83113
but this one has no bushes
https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/lock-lever-engine-side-right-side-panel_PV1504?q=lock%20lever
4. what is this for https://www.scootermercato.com/Scooter-Parts/Hardware_3/242092
is it supposed to be welded or bolted in ?
5. in the phots, you can see lots of holes in the back mudguard. i think there are only supposed to be 5 3 for the tailight and 2 for the number plate holder
6. how far does the wiring tube extend into the frame?
7. The holes for the brake switch are in front of the lever, not underneath. Is it meant to be the always open or always closed type?

ENGINE ( VNA2 code)
1. SIP sells replacement pistons that are 54mm, but my sizes are 57mm. What gives?
2. I can't find any one with parts for the UA carb for . The slide and slide spring are missing
3. Are all the bearings/seals interchangable with the sprint motor?
4. are the 3 and 4 speed versions of this the same? https://www.scooter-center.com/en/drive-shaft-predieri-abbate-vespa-wideframe-vn-vl-vb1-3333299?number=3333299 or https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/295055569535?hash=item44b2aeb27f:g:uSEAAOSwvmteAJS~
5. the factory kickstart is supposed to be semi-toothed?
The code with the letter E it's not a model and frame number but just a manufacture lot number. This number will not identify you Vespa model. The Frame number is stamped on the bottom of the left cowl (see picture). VNA Vespa frame prefix is VNA1T****(1958). The engine prefix should be VNA1M**** for the same frame. VNB1M engine prefix does not match VNA model. You need to identify your model before anything. I have restored severals of thse


model and frame number allocation.


1958 restored Vespa VNA





Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:26 pm

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:26 pm linkquote
See the carb pics. Measuring the bore into which the piston slides. The top of the carb is different to the parts diagram





Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:29 pm

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:29 pm linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
See the carb pics. Measuring the bore into which the piston slides. The top of the carb is different to the parts diagram
You have a VNB with rotary pad air box for SI carburetor and a VNA carburetor for a VNA piston ported model. They don't together.
VNA and VNB engine are completely different.
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:32 pm

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:32 pm linkquote
The choke is a sep flap in the air filter box. The big screw is probably idle speed adj and the screw with double nuts is probably mixture
Question about the wiring tube is on the fat tube that runs from the top of the steering column to underneath. You can see it in my pics. If u Ve never had the floorboards off, you probably never saw it
Frame had rust so only last five digits are visible on the Vin. But pretty sure it's a vna because of the spilt handle . Eng is vna2
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:43 pm

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:43 pm linkquote
Airbox
Also weird brackets and no batt box





Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:53 pm

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:53 pm linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
Airbox
Also weird brackets and no batt box
The bracket is not weird... It's for the spring that hold the little bag with few tools.
You have two different airbox, one for a VNB engine and one for the VNA engine.
The carburetor is for the VNA. What is you engine? VNA or VNB ?
They are completely different


This is the airbox for a VNB1M engine.


This is the airbox for a VNA1M engine, different from the VNB


VNA carburetor. This carburetor does not go with the VNB airbox.

Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:56 pm

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:56 pm linkquote
Sorry, shd have been clearer. I got 2 engines with the bike. The vna and a vlb sprint. I am ok with the sprint bits as they re very common ( except for the 8" gears)
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:00 pm

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:00 pm linkquote
I also posted some questions on paint in adiff. Thread. You may know the answers. I thought vnas only came in grey or grey- cream?
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:07 pm

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:07 pm linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
Sorry, shd have been clearer. I got 2 engines with the bike. The vna and a vlb sprint. I am ok with the sprint bits as they re very common ( except for the 8" gears)
ok so if your engine is a VNA2M the Frame prefix must be VNA2T.
Both VNA1T frame (with VNA1M engine) and VNA2T (with engine VNA2M) were made in
1958. No much different between the two.
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:25 pm

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:25 pm linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
I also posted some questions on paint in adiff. Thread. You may know the answers. I thought vnas only came in grey or grey- cream?
If your engine is a VNA2M the frame must be a VNA2T.
The color for the VNA2T was grigio Beige with Max Meyer color paint code 15099.
The primer is Grey Max Meyer color paint code 8012M,
Flywheel cover and front fork suspension Aluminum
with Max Meyer color paint code 1.268.0983


Vespa VNA2T. (engine VNA2M)


engine VNA2M


VNA2M restored

Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:09 pm

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:09 pm linkquote
if i dont get parts for the carb, the vna engine is not going anywhere ...
curious about the tool bag.. did it come with some clips or something? cant find a pic on the net
Flywheel cover and front fork suspension Aluminum >> which bits of the suspension are aluminum? from what can see the brake drum and the wheels are body color?
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:45 am

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:45 am linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
if i dont get parts for the carb, the vna engine is not going anywhere ...
curious about the tool bag.. did it come with some clips or something? cant find a pic on the net
Flywheel cover and front fork suspension Aluminum >> which bits of the suspension are aluminum? from what can see the brake drum and the wheels are body color?
don't worry about the carburetor and parts for it., I'll help you to locate one.
The carburetor for your engine is a "Dell'orto UA16S1".
I have restored a few of these VNAs...I also have all the documentation you need.
You still need to identify your frame and model before you proceed. We are assuming it's a VNa2 but we are not sure. This model was produced in 48,399 specimens and it will be very valuable if kept in its original state. . From Frame number 68,032 to Frame Number 116,431. I need to know the frame number in order to give you specific answers.
Your vin number start with a star * VNA2T* then 5 or 6 digits. Can you read the numbers ?


A spring will go between the two brackets to a little tool bag underneath.


this is the spring

Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:31 am

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:31 am linkquote
all that's visible is last digits - 19158 or 10158
it definitely needs a new crank and the machinist says its a 57mm piston, not 54. is that even possible?
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:42 am

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:42 am linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
all that's visible is last digits - 19158 or 10158
it definitely needs a new crank and the machinist says its a 57mm piston, not 54. is that even possible?
don', worry about the engine now, we'll get there..
Can you send a picture of the vin # ?
VNA2T was from Frame number 68,032 to Frame Number 116,431.
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:33 am

Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 1101
Location: Philadelphia
 
Molto Verboso
1958 Allstate 177VMC, 2005 70cc Yamaha Vino
Joined: 23 Aug 2020
Posts: 1101
Location: Philadelphia
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:33 am linkquote
VespistaForever wrote:
The code with the letter E it's not a model and frame number but just a manufacture lot number. This number will not identify you Vespa model. The Frame number is stamped on the bottom of the left cowl (see picture). VNA Vespa frame prefix is VNA1T****(1958). The engine prefix should be VNA1M**** for the same frame. VNB1M engine prefix does not match VNA model. You need to identify your model before anything. I have restored severals of thse
Your resto there has the wrong front fender. They had one piece fenders.
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:42 am

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 11825
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
 
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 11825
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:42 am linkquote
FridayMatinee wrote:
Your resto there has the wrong front fender. They had one piece fenders.
no, no. don't worry. he's an expert. I'm sure he'll tell you why you're wrong shortly.
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:55 am

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:55 am linkquote
FridayMatinee wrote:
Your resto there has the wrong front fender. They had one piece fenders.
It's custom made as per the owner request. They purchased most of the parts for this bike as they started the restoration than dropped.
As you can see the color is also not the original nor the color of the fork and rims.
The color was picked from an architect.
This bike is exposed to a famous Italian restaurant in Texas.


quite of change

Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:26 am

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:26 am linkquote
greasy125 wrote:
no, no. don't worry. he's an expert. I'm sure he'll tell you why you're wrong shortly.
Your resto there has the wrong front fender. They had one piece fenders


He is not wrong and appear to be very knowledgeable in the subject or at least for the VNA model. Only experts can see these little details.
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:19 am

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:19 am linkquote
Thanks for everyone's advice. Who will sell me the carb ?
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:35 am

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:35 am linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
Thanks for everyone's advice. Who will sell me the carb ?
The carb is a rare find and italy wound be the only source . I'll look and let you know . Any other part you need for the engine ? What was the issue with the cylinder ?
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:35 am

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:35 am linkquote
VespistaForever wrote:
The carb is hard to find and italy would be the only source I know ,I'll look and let you know . Any other part you need for the engine ? What was the issue with the cylinder ?
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:18 am

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:18 am linkquote
I found you one.
There is also one available in the US.
Message me and I'll send you the private information.



Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:22 am

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:22 am linkquote
Waiting for the machinist to come back to me on the cylinder.
Also update - the piston bore has corrosion in it so I am guessing I am up for a new /used housing also
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:42 am

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:42 am linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
Waiting for the machinist to come back to me on the cylinder.
Also update - the piston bore has corrosion in it so I am guessing I am up for a new /used housing also
The original cylinder bore for the VNA2 is 54mm, the 4 th and last bore over will be 54.8.
Original cylinders new ones are not longer available but used ones are pretty easy to find.
Let me know if you need help with the clearance specifications.
I have all the documentation for this bike.
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:50 am

Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 4392
Location: That bushfire place
 
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 4392
Location: That bushfire place
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:50 am linkquote
Talk to Daniel Rogers from SPS, I think he wouthave some, if he is unsure, get him to check the parts he got from Derek at ScooterLabs, as I'm pretty sure I gave him a few carbs & heaps of early parts. Also, Marcellinus Blanks may be able to help, he is pretty good with these old scoots.

If you get really stuck, send me a message one weekend and I will walk down to me shed & see if I have any left.


BTW: hopefully you can get the floor/cowls back on & everything stays straight!
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:29 pm

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:29 pm linkquote
thank you for the carb advice.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/62957688@N08/52205829356/in/album-72177720300434029/ a pic of the corrosion in the carb bore

NEXT PROBLEM
The driveshaft is ratsh..t as they in Oz. Clearly water got into the case and ate away at the needle bearings
https://www.flickr.com/photos/62957688@N08/52204818747/in/album-72177720300434029/
also someone smashed the thread on the end of the shaft with a sledgehammer ( presumably to get it out of the case?)

Questions are
1. Is the 4 speed version identical to the 3 speed
2. plenty of indian cheapos on ebay, but i think the shoulder width looks different
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/274798036873?epid=7028169576&hash=item3ffb3d4789:g:Y~kAAOSwE69bcXiz&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAABADdymNmzH7mhkq6jqNdOLZ5ZfVnvo1dbSUPNz0DQ6DtZ2ZYjU6hBFpKj3kRjStE6NRK0vjwhpn25BSoiVLWb%2B9gT0ANe%2Fsu1yGNUnKQr3%2BkURwcorC5lJA9NO2V%2BsJ%2BTWyE%2Fpjgaly3BJL9uzMdpyhrkSeuYnaazlVGoSZ27%2BJQ3YbjgmKLV51Waa%2FX2s7VtgM2caoMnZqQtQR0RsqZ4QFN%2BYwdebB9LbQ5GsCH4gsqU7Z11nAUZNqEGAB5jhmQeSyC2m2FWsGWMh10PadF0Bz7NEC5ZvzHovLq%2BYRKshiLDdcVVL64WFwTz8udzU5oM9wXBpT1XEhGyTBn0cpSs%2BYk%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBM1ty5-b1g

plus it has some sort of weird indentations on the drum?
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:46 pm

Hooked
Vespa 125 VMA, Vespa SS 180
Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Posts: 156
Location: Minneapolis, MN
 
Hooked
Vespa 125 VMA, Vespa SS 180
Joined: 14 Feb 2018
Posts: 156
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:46 pm linkquote
Aircobra wrote:
tried them all. the whole UA series seems to be under supported compare to other types, such as the Si
no one's got jack
the bore size is 22mm
It looks like Eurocarb has the needle and the spring in stock https://www.dellorto.co.uk/product-category/dellorto-motorcycle-carburettors-parts/dellorto-vintage-carburettors-and-parts/ua-ma-parts/
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:58 am

Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
 
Enthusiast
VNA1
Joined: 02 Jul 2022
Posts: 77
Location: Australia
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:48 am

Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
 
Enthusiast
1952 faro basso,P200E, Allstate, ET3, V98, Vespa Bacchetta, 1954 Allstate
Joined: 07 Jul 2022
Posts: 66
Location: Garland tx
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:48 am linkquote
I have sent you a message in here, please respond
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2022 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0441s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0190s) ][ Debug on ][ 211 ][ Thing One ]