Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:15 pm

Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
 
Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:15 pm linkquote
Hi everyone,

I'm searching for the DRL Switch that comes as standard in the EU versions of the post 2019 500 HPE Sport Advanced, I can't find the part number (Maybe is the 1D002789 but not 100% sure to order), someone can help me? Is the one that is at the right in the same line as the buttons to open the seat, ASR, and Hazard.

Thanks in advance, any help is welcome

I attach a picture:



Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:37 pm

Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
 
Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:37 pm linkquote
What I want is to put it in its place (my 2022 MP3 is US version) so that I can turn off the low beams during the day and only use them at night.

I imagine, the connector must be there (I doubt Piaggio changed the whole harness for the US version) and maybe what it has is a jumper or something similar so that the low beams are always on.

Has anyone done this before?
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:25 pm

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
Joined: 28 Jul 2019
Posts: 132
Location: California
 
Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
Joined: 28 Jul 2019
Posts: 132
Location: California
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:25 pm linkquote
Check the parts diagrams for Electrical systems and body work on Parts Piaggio and EZ parts. It should show up and you can get the part number from there. Just make sure you know both model year and the sub-variant you have. though similar there can be some significant differences between EU, US, other versions.


Why disable the DRL? I'm genuinely curious if its something like increasing stealth in unpleasant areas or the bright DRL is blinding others.

That would make you much harder for cars to spot you coming which would increase the probability of a car pulling out in front of you.

Think smidsy weave when approaching intersections. Without a bright DRL you would be near invisible. I personally chose the brightest LED bulb I could get because if it greatly increased my chances of been scene.

If its about power usage there are a few threads on LED lights that free up the amps for other usage.
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:18 pm

Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
 
Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:18 pm linkquote
pinheadh78 wrote:
Check the parts diagrams for Electrical systems and body work on Parts Piaggio and EZ parts. It should show up and you can get the part number from there. Just make sure you know both model year and the sub-variant you have. though similar there can be some significant differences between EU, US, other versions.
I find a possible part number, but like to be sure before order it. Part number: 1D002789??
pinheadh78 wrote:
Why disable the DRL? I'm genuinely curious if its something like increasing stealth in unpleasant areas or the bright DRL is blinding others.

That would make you much harder for cars to spot you coming which would increase the probability of a car pulling out in front of you.

Think smidsy weave when approaching intersections. Without a bright DRL you would be near invisible. I personally chose the brightest LED bulb I could get because if it greatly increased my chances of been scene.

If its about power usage there are a few threads on LED lights that free up the amps for other usage.
It don't disable the DRL, it disable the low beans as you are in day, exactly as EU motorcycles. You have DRL, low beans and high beans. I don't like to have the low beans all day long on.
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:08 pm

Addicted
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 816
Location: Belgium
 
Addicted
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 816
Location: Belgium
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:08 pm linkquote
Yeeeeeeah, being seen is sooooo overrated.

If anything, I think you should turn off your lights at night so you blend in better with the scenery.
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:13 am

Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
 
Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:13 am linkquote
sbaert wrote:
Yeeeeeeah, being seen is sooooo overrated.

If anything, I think you should turn off your lights at night so you blend in better with the scenery.
Reading this comment I can imagine that your bike have 20 led strips around so all people in a mile around can see you Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:03 am

Addicted
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 816
Location: Belgium
 
Addicted
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 816
Location: Belgium
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:03 am linkquote
To each their own, and no I don't have any LED strips on any of my vehicles.

BTW, the part# on the DRL switch is 1-002-746-555. See link

That switch is basically a Piaggio hack fix to extend the life of the low beam bulb, considering what a royal pain it is to get to the bulbs on the newer gen3 MP3

https://oem-parts.hu/fr/parts/piaggio/mp3-300/2021/mp3-300-hpe-300-hpe-sport-e5-abs-2020-emea/electrical-system-selectors-switches-buttons/p/1-002-746-555-piaggiogroup-drl-switch
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:26 am

Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
 
Member
2007 MP3 250ie / 2022 MP3 500HPE SA
Joined: 03 Jun 2022
Posts: 26
Location: CCS-Vzla
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:26 am linkquote
sbaert wrote:
BTW, the part# on the DRL switch is 1-002-746-555. See link

That switch is basically a Piaggio hack fix to extend the life of the low beam bulb, considering what a royal pain it is to get to the bulbs on the newer gen3 MP3

Thank you, looks as exist some different parts numbers. And agree with you, I think the idea is extend the low bean bulb life as is really time consuming change it, and in EU the law is for DRL not low bean in the day.

Regards
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:43 am

Addicted
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 816
Location: Belgium
 
Addicted
2015 MP3 500 ie Business
Joined: 29 Oct 2019
Posts: 816
Location: Belgium
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:43 am linkquote
The permanent fix (for me) was to install a OSRAM H7 gen 2 LED after getting tired installing new bulbs 2-3 times a year. See link

Also, the OSRAM linked is the sole LED bulb style that fits and still allow the rubber dust covers to be reinstalled as opposed to the Chinese LED junk.

Note: The LED can only be installed in the low beam position since Piaggio uses a proprietary mount for the high beam.

front lights on MP3 500 HPE 2021
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2022 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0309s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0086s) ][ Debug on ][ 211 ][ Thing One ]