So, the first prototype of the swingarm has been fabricated. I sent my CAD files to Send Cut Send. 10 days later, two perfect swingarms/brackets arrived in the mail. I welded everything together using 1" steel pipe as the connecting pieces. Very sturdy even before adding 18 gauge cross-supports above and below.
One bad thing: Ideally the wheel would be 1 inch further back! AND the stock shock cannot reach the shock mount without cutting into the frame. My goal is to make this conversion entirely reversible. So, I made a new CAD model and sent it off to SCS. In 10 days time I will have the perfect swingarm. Exciting!
On the downside, I only have one Vespa (currently). My P200. I put a lot of work into getting this thing running. But, I had to pull the motor to put the new EV motor in. Too bad.
At least I've got a dialed spare P200 engine on the shelf!
Here's some pics of the "too-short" swingarm.