OP
@semoir avatar
UTC

@semoir avatar
UTC quote
Has anyone used a Lithiem battery on a 50cc, I'm tired of buying lead acid batteries. My ET isn't ridden much, sits for long periods in storage. Thanks for any info

Cheers
@christopher_55934 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Stella 225

Ossessionato
@christopher_55934 avatar
2007 Stella 225
UTC quote
What do you consider long storage? Have you tried using a battery tender? I have a lithium battery in my Stella but don't have electric start. Also have one in my full size motorcycle.
@xantufrog avatar
UTC

Moderibbit
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera

Moderibbit
@xantufrog avatar
1980 P200E - "Old Rusty", 1976 ET3 Primavera
UTC quote
+1 on the battery tender.
@finyoshi avatar
UTC

Addicted
Parmakit Primavera -74, Polini Primavera -68, VR-One 228 150 Touring -59, VMC 177 Bajaj Chetak 125 -95

Addicted
@finyoshi avatar
Parmakit Primavera -74, Polini Primavera -68, VR-One 228 150 Touring -59, VMC 177 Bajaj Chetak 125 -95
UTC quote
All batteries go bad if they get discharged under their specified voltages for too long.

I think lithium ones are even more sensitive to deep discharge due to their more sensitive chemistry. Some even contain protection circuits that disable the battery completely if the voltage gets too low.

You just have to take care of your batteries to make them last.
OP
@semoir avatar
UTC

@semoir avatar
UTC quote
Thanks, yes. ET50 sits mostly as I have a few in the stable, (3 of are Vespas). Use battery tenders successfully on the bigger battery's, but the much smaller 50cc battery goes away even while on a tender. Has kick starter but it's lacking, nearly useless (as compared to the PX150).

Can't find the positive post someone wrote re replacing the ET VERY little wet battery with a Lithium. We use the ET mostly as a tag along on trips to the coast. Had read glowing reports of example: voltage drop 1.0V/mo on wet battery 🪫 in storage vs .1V/mo on Lithium 🔋.

Also, that continuous trickle can end up cooking a small battery. Hence, thought I'd try one (not that more expensive). Tks.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0432s ][ Queries: 9 (0.0183s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]