New owner of an ET4 150 that has been sitting for several years.
To date, Here's what I've done.
1. Drained old gas
2. Replace the fuel tank tap
3. replace fuel lines
4. inspected/replaced vacuum lines. Broke the tee from carb to Evap line, so upgraded to a larger diameter tee
5. Oil change
6. new plug
7. new air filter
8. cleaned the carb w/ carb cleaner and compressed air
9. ultrasonic cleaning of carb - jets look good
10. accel pump is working
11. tip over valve isn't plugged up and the ball is moving around easily
12. diaghram on needle valve appears good
13. drive belt and pulleys appear to be working correctly
here's the issue.
With the vacuum line off at the carb, idles great, terrible acceleration and wot is about 20mph with me on it ~215lbs. On the center stand it will rev up but it accelerates very slowly.
Hook the vacuum line up and it sputters and dies within a few seconds. There is a slight vacuum at idle when the line is unhooked from the carb when you put you finger over the hose end.
Is the vacuum pulling the needle valve out of the main flooding it out?
Why is the acceleration so poor when the vacuum line is unhooked? Is it not lifting the needle?