@californiacruising avatar
UTC

Addicted
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300

Addicted
UTC quote
I am definitely investing in physical Vespas but wondering does anyone own shares or been following PIAGF the corporation, maybe a good investment with high gas prices as well as Vespa has been smart with their green scooters campaign
@adri avatar
UTC

Atypical Canadian
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie

Atypical Canadian
@adri avatar
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
UTC quote
I invest in Harley-Davidson (HOG) usually about once a year. Typically it seems like every two years they have some big announcements (new models) that rallies the stock price. So I typically get in just over a month before the dealer conference (new model announcement) when there is no hype about Harley, then I wait until during the conference or 0-72 hours after the announcements when all of the media is scrambling to break the news that Harley has a new model and the stock price surges, and I sell.

For those interested in this sort of thing I made a much more detailed explanation of it in a post titled: How I Made an Easy $1,000 on Harley-Davidson Stock That Only Goes Down
https://youmotorcycle.com/how-i-made-an-easy-1000-on-harley-davidson-stock.html
(includes charts and video you can look at)

You could look at my playbook for investing in HOG there, and then see if there are similarities to how Piaggio's stock performs, and then try to apply the same formula.

Mandatory "this is not financial advice" disclaimer.
UTC

Banned
still shopping

Banned
still shopping
UTC quote
I would say Piaggio has been an improvement for Moto Guzzi, but I think the next ten years will be an extreme challenge for the whole industry. Piaggio seems to be helping Aprilla out and their own badged product seems to market well. They may be the group to weather the weird market to come.

I wouldn't bet the farm on the industry, however.
OP
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
adri wrote:
I invest in Harley-Davidson (HOG) usually about once a year. Typically it seems like every two years they have some big announcements (new models) that rallies the stock price. So I typically get in just over a month before the dealer conference (new model announcement) when there is no hype about Harley, then I wait until during the conference or 0-72 hours after the announcements when all of the media is scrambling to break the news that Harley has a new model and the stock price surges, and I sell.

For those interested in this sort of thing I made a much more detailed explanation of it in a post titled: How I Made an Easy $1,000 on Harley-Davidson Stock That Only Goes Down
https://youmotorcycle.com/how-i-made-an-easy-1000-on-harley-davidson-stock.html
(includes charts and video you can look at)

You could look at my playbook for investing in HOG there, and then see if there are similarities to how Piaggio's stock performs, and then try to apply the same formula.

Mandatory "this is not financial advice" disclaimer.
Thanks, I'll check out your HOG research.
Really love the Harley as well as Vespa history and story.
Always cool when you can make a bit of money off your passion to fuel your passion.
OP
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
BarnacleBill wrote:
I would say Piaggio has been an improvement for Moto Guzzi, but I think the next ten years will be an extreme challenge for the whole industry. Piaggio seems to be helping Aprilla out and their own badged product seems to market well. They may be the group to weather the weird market to come.

I wouldn't bet the farm on the industry, however.
Good conservative advice, unfortunately ICE is dying an unnatural and unjust death
@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 MK1 / GT60 / Sean Wotherspoon

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
63 GS160 MK1 / GT60 / Sean Wotherspoon
UTC quote
It's been a $2.00 stock forever it seems. Not a lot to lose but don't see any growth either.

SDG
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
I technically invest in Piaggio by riding their product everyday. Keeping it looking presentable. Being proud of it and not talking trash about the product when asked about it. I should get a discount on my next Piaggio product because I'm a good unofficial spokesman.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0286s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0056s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]