Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:21 am

Lurker
2006 PX125 Disc

Lurker
2006 PX125 Disc
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:21 am linkquote
So I've read as many of the previous "my indicators not working" posts as I can manage.

Scooter spec for info, not all will be relevant:
PX125 disc with electric start (works perfect)
Pinasco 177 magny cours
Sterling expansion left hand exhaust
20/20 SI Carb
Charger port permanently wired under seat for easy charging (I have side crash bars and removing to charge battery annoys me)
Spot lamps on the front wired to main battery via switched DC connection from ignition barrel to relay controlled via external switch on toolbox (FYI, I have disconnected this to run all my tests below, same symptoms persist)

Condition:
Head light switched off, all indicators work exactly as they should.
Head light switched on, all indicators EXCEPT the right rear work as they should.

What I've tried:
Multitiered cables for continuity
Removed right rear panel and put 12v through it with battery charger and it lights up as it should.
cleaned all indicator earths
cleaned indicator pin sockets in frame
cleaned back of switches and checked for loose cable
swapped bulbs around and made sure all work still

Where I'm at:
I think its more to do with the headlight than the indicators, since when they all work perfect when its off, in fact they all work perfect when its just the little sidelight bulb on.
I've ordered new headlight bulb and indicator bulbs, just in case I'm chasing a phantom bulb around.

Things I'm thinking to check:
swap left and right cables on indicator flasher unit and see if problem swaps sides, I don't think its the flasher unit since its only affecting one bulb.
I have the new type speedo with the janky ribbon PCB which has seen way better days, but I've reset all the pins and made sure all make contact with the copper parts of the ribbon.
Check the regulator, I've found a regulator in my box of random spares, I have no idea if it works or not, but its probably worth trying it, even if its to confirm its dead to throw away.

Thoughts after typing this list:
I recently replaced fly side seal, which means I have had the stator off, perhaps I have jostled a wire, but this would cause only 1 bulb not to work would it? (I'm thinking out loud now)

If anyone has any great ideas that I've not thought of, please shout up.

P.S. I have no idea when this started as I only just noticed it.
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:30 am

Lurker
2006 PX125 Disc

Lurker
2006 PX125 Disc
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:30 am linkquote
Don't know if i can delete a post so I'll just run through the resolution.

Headlight bulb replaced, all connections under headset cleaned and tightened, all indicator bulbs replaced and indicator fixings replaced.

Not sure exactly what did it but it is now working.
  DoubleGood Vespa Design  

All Content Copyright 2005-2022 by Modern Vespa. All Rights Reserved.

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

Shop on Amazon Smile with Modern Vespa

[ Time: 0.0263s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0060s) ][ Debug on ][ 211 ][ Thing One ]