@jen4est avatar
UTC

Hooked
'07 LX150; '59 Allstate

Hooked
@jen4est avatar
'07 LX150; '59 Allstate
UTC quote
Hi all, I have a 1959 Allstate that I want to sell. I have been out of scootering for a while - no time unfortunately, so I want to sell my scooters. I seem to remember there used to be a website that had vintage scooters for sale and another that had info on pricing (kinda like blue book). I can't seem to remember the sites and google searches are coming up empty. I could use a little help determining what a fair asking price would be. Thanks in advance for any insight you guys share!
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
UTC quote
scootnet2.net for listings (or here in our F/S & wanted)

scooterlounge.com has guides and numbers.

you could post up some pics and details here in this thread and get several honest assessments-- and probably a sale to boot!

good luck!
@ph0ngvu avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa

Hooked
@ph0ngvu avatar
Vespa
UTC quote
Post details here you will get some options on the price. Also try not to sell to the exporter. These exporters are killing the scooter scene in the US. I've seen so many good original US market scooters, bikes went oversea like GS, SS, early Allstate.
OP
@jen4est avatar
UTC

Hooked
'07 LX150; '59 Allstate

Hooked
@jen4est avatar
'07 LX150; '59 Allstate
UTC quote
Took me a while to find time to clean her up, but here she is. I didn't try to start it because it's out of gas and I don't have any oil to mix in new gas. It was fine last time I had it out a year or two ago. The engine was rebuilt before I bought it and it used to run great. Let me know what you guys think a fair price would be. Thanks.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
UTC quote
do you know who did the 10" fork conversion?
who rebuilt the motor and how long ago years/miles?

how's the tank look inside?

is the motor original or has it been upgraded?

tags show from 16, is it currently reg'd or on non-op?
OP
@jen4est avatar
UTC

Hooked
'07 LX150; '59 Allstate

Hooked
@jen4est avatar
'07 LX150; '59 Allstate
UTC quote
I bought it from scootermarc69 on here. I believe he did all of the conversion work on it. It has an upgraded motor - I don't remember the cc's (180?) but it's pretty fast, new Pinasco pipe, etc. I bought it about 10-12 years ago. I'd venture to say that I've put maybe 1000 miles on it since I've owned it. Not sure about how many he put on it before he sold it to me. Maybe I'll send him a message and ask. It is currently on non-op.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
UTC quote
jeanshorts knows what's up, so the bike has some pedigree there.

it's a cool bike. split headset, round tail. it looks like it's mostly just some irritating surface rust nothing awful. there's a few nagging details like the speedo and the seat but that's every vintage bike. big plus on the non-op.

I'll throw a flyer out on it and say you're around maybe 2500-ish, probably closer to 2 on it.

some people are going to like and want the 10" conversion. some people are gonna be turned off by that. the same on the motor. depending on what it is it could push you more toward the high end. some people will freak out about the rust where as other won't see it as an issue (I wouldn't, I mean at least until I see the underside).

there's alway buyers on here (including me) so the more info and pics you can include the better chance you have at getting somebody interested and netting a sale.
@gmontag avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@gmontag avatar
UTC quote
I'm just curious how you have the choke rigged up. It used to be integrated into the original saddle seat on that model.
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '87 PK125XL '92 PK50XLS Plurimatic - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
UTC quote
Nice bike & nice back story.
greasy125 wrote:

I'll throw a flyer out on it and say you're around maybe 2500-ish, probably closer to 2 on it.

Waitaminute!
The license plate - GO 59 GO - That's a gigantic plus right there!!!!

Add another easy $100, so now maybe like $2600 down to maybe 21 MINIMUM???

Also, you got a shock on that front fork? Looks like it might, another plus!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0262s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0055s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]