@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
I really am not sure if this is a factory issue or if it happened over the weekend. Pretty sure it happened over the weekend when we got married at our house. Lots of people were ooogling the Vespas and this morning when I went out to the garage, I noticed what appears to be a blemish. Doesn't seem to be a scratch as my nail doesn't catch it, you can't feel anything.

I tried to wipe it clean with a brand new damp micro-fibre towel but that didn't take the issue from the body. I will attach a couple photos, hopefully someone with experience on Matte finishes can advise as to what to do... I don't want to make it any worse for sure but if there's a chance I can alleviate the issue, Im all ears!

I think someone might have just rubbed against it or something but I don't want to turn something minor in to something worse on a 2 week old Supertech
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Enthusiast
Gts hpe supertech

Enthusiast
Gts hpe supertech
UTC quote
That sucks. It's hard to tell in the photos but it looks either like a scratch or paint transfer from sometime rubbing against it.
OP
@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
Snoopzilla wrote:
That sucks. It's hard to tell in the photos but it looks either like a scratch or paint transfer from sometime rubbing against it.
I think you're right, paint transfer seems accurate.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
Beauty spot.
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
Congratulations on the nuptials! If it's a paint transfer, you might be able to carefully remove it. Try a little rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip applied in a circular motion.
OP
@robalatte avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300's

Hooked
@robalatte avatar
GTS 300's
UTC quote
Guzzi Gal wrote:
Congratulations on the nuptials! If it's a paint transfer, you might be able to carefully remove it. Try a little rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip applied in a circular motion.
Thank you!!!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0328s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0114s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]