Winter is here. I enjoyed both days of spring. Summer was sweltering. Leaves are everywhere. Time to put the toys away for their 6 months of slumber. Those of you in the southern states please have pity on us, and don't make us sickly jealous.
What I do to winterize the scooters is:
- Full tank of premium ethanol free gas. Usually with some Stabil. (Some people say drain the tank!)
- Turn of the fuel tap and run the carb dry before killing the ignition.
- Pull the plug and spray fogging oil in the cylinder.
- Pump the tires to 30 psi.
- If there is a battery put it on a battery tender. Sometimes I take the battery out.
- Give it a wipe down with a microfiber cloth.
- Put a cover on it.
- Kick it over every couple months.
Or, if the wife lets me, put some of them in the den .
What do others do to winterize their scoots??