OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
Before I forget, if the dealer finds something with the Liberty I'll update this thread one more time. My co-worker asked me "What if they find something simple, you gonna keep it?" and I was like "Nope, I want simple again." so if it's something simple great, if it's a bit more serious then the trade-in offer can reflect that.
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
One way ride for the Liberty. A Buddy 125 came back.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⬆️    About 27 days elapsed    ⬇️
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
Okay, I got my trade-in offer for my Liberty. Read thru this post to get a overall idea of condition. Ready for the offer?
$250.
I'm not going back for it so I took it. I know the Buddy I bought will be worthless as well but it's my last gas powered 2 wheeler.

I'm "supposed" to get a email on what they find with the original issue that made me trade the Liberty in. If I get that info/code numbers I'll update this post again.

This figured in on the $250 offer.
They said it needed $1200 in labor and parts.
Needing the full 30,000 service. It takes me around 3 hours to do a full service on the Liberty.
Oil/filter change.
Reduction box change.
Belt, rollers and silders.
Clean/check and grease torque driver.
Valve check/set if needed.
New plug.
Brake fluid change.
Air filter change.

I supplied all the major tune-up parts including the oils.

It (Liberty) does need a new rear tire. Plus the crush gasket when you remove the silencer.

I recently did:
New front Angel tire.
Front/rear brake pads.
@scooter_curmudgeon avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GT200/GTS300/Primavera 150

Enthusiast
UTC quote
Your story is compelling, it resonates with me at many points. What I am keenly interested in, though, is the process by which you load a scooter into the back of a Subaru Baja. I have an enclosed trailer for schlepping scooters to the nearest dealers when necessary, but being able to use my Baja instead would be somewhat liberating for me.

Thanks,

Bob
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
I have a folding aluminum ramp I purchased from Cycle Gear. I'll post a static shot of the set-up by Friday. I also use my wife as a spotter, standing in the bed of the Baja while I make a run for it! You'd be amazed at the crazy things we've fit in that Baja bed!
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
So my old Liberty is listed in the used section of the dealer I traded it in to. They have it listed for $2199. I never got a email as to what they found resulting in the random loss of power so I'm assuming they did the same thing my local Piaggio warranty center did-reset the throttle body position sensor again. So that's my final update on the findings for the random loss of power.

And Scooter Curmudgeon, I loaned my Cycle Gear ramp to a friend (he actually came by and borrowed it while I was out) and when I got the ramp back the Baja went in the shop. It's been in the shop awhile, awaiting a dash blower fan and related parts. Turns out the fans drain box got plugged up, flooding out the fan and causing a epic short. So make sure that drain is clear! Just like the sunroof drain, check fan box drain as well! One day I'll try to get a static shot of how I position the ramp. I might even run my Buddy 125 up it as well.
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
sc00ter wrote:
And Scooter Curmudgeon, I loaned my Cycle Gear ramp to a friend (he actually came by and borrowed it while I was out) and when I got the ramp back the Baja went in the shop. It's been in the shop awhile, awaiting a dash blower fan and related parts. Turns out the fans drain box got plugged up, flooding out the fan and causing a epic short. So make sure that drain is clear! Just like the sunroof drain, check fan box drain as well! One day I'll try to get a static shot of how I position the ramp. I might even run my Buddy 125 up it as well.
Thanks for this, I'll work on assessing the drains.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0285s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0047s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]